My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    4/28/2005
    It is 12:00 do you know where your books are...
    Amanda asks in her blog - Where have your used books been?. I thought it was an amusing thought.

    Do you ever wonder? Where your book was? Who owned it?

    I have found a few things in my books, so I am very careful now when I take in books to flip through them to make sure I haven't left anything behind.

    Things I have found:
    photos - twice in one book there were three pics and in the other it was just some guy
    instructions for cleaning a vibrator
    a grocery list
    receipts - this happens often
    coupon
    paper with a name with a phone number
    a short personal note
    postcard

    Now I am pretty sure whoever was reading the book, needed a bookmark and just picked up what was handy but it was amusing none the less. And taught me to always check my books ;).
    1 Comments:
    1. I love books with a history (as long as that history doesn't include strange stains or smells). I know it will sound strange to those for whom having books in a pristine condition is important, but I kind of like it when my used books have stamps from UBSs, former owners' signatures, assorted papers inside... Often when I trade, I leave pieces of paper like receipts, bus tickets and so on, and I imagine somewhere along the line thinking "wow, my book's been to Uruguay!" ;-)

      By Blogger Rosario, at 4/29/2005 10:34:00 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home