My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    4/26/2005
    Forbidden Moon by Jane Bonander
    Forbidden Moon ('93) ouch this was bad.

    Molly wants to be white and forget she is part Native American. She wants to marry for money and have everything she ever wanted as a child. She wants to be able to take care of her mother (who was raped and is slow and very child like, you never learn what is wrong with June but considering the time they wouldn't have known other than she wasn't well).

    Buck is sleazy for a hero. I kept hearing 'my name is buck and I am here to fuck' - I swear that is from a movie but can't for the life of me place it.

    At the start of the book he is married to Honey, who he married cuz he knocked her up. Molly is 14 and a hellion on the make. She wants buck, buck is starting to notice the kid he has always looked out for.

    yes I know omg 14 but the year is 1879

    The nice family that has taken in June and Molly pay to send Molly away to school before she screws something or just the rest of her life.

    1886 Molly is engaged to a nice, wealthy, bigoted, fucks the Mexican and Indian help that are beneath him, white man. Ok he isn't nice. But omg she thinks he so loves her and she will be a good wife and omg look at the money wwwwwwwhhhheeeeeeeee.

    Stuff happens but really I didn't care. The characters so didn't do it for me; hell the plot didn't work for me. I must say I skimmed lots of this book. Bad reader.
    4 Comments:
    1. lol! You are right, it's a line from a Quentin Taranino film. I can't remember which one, KILL BILL or KILL BILL vol. 2., but it's def. from one of those two films. :) Thanks for leaving a lovely msg at my blog, btw. :D Much appreciated.

      By Blogger lost, at 4/27/2005 01:44:00 AM  

    2. YES! I do believe it is vol 1, the guy in the hospital that the Bride kills and takes his pussywagon.

      How sad, I own these movies and couldn't place the line.

      You rock.

      By Blogger sybil, at 4/27/2005 08:06:00 AM  

    3. The first time I read this book I was in 12th grade. That was more than 10 years ago. (OMG Did I just admit that in writing?) I recently found a copy of this book on e-bay and reread it recently. I loved it then and I still love it now! And the cover is one of my favorites! :D

      By Blogger Shawn, at 6/09/2006 01:31:00 AM  

    4. LOL don't feel bad is was more than 10 for me too ;)

      I would love a new book by JB! Wonder if she is still writing...

      By Blogger sybil, at 6/09/2006 03:45:00 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home