My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    1/25/2006
    Judging a Book By Its Cover
    damn damn damn

    I should so KnoW better than to do this by now but sometimes it is hard to not roll your eyes and put the book back. Way easy to do when you don't know of the author and have never read anything by her.

    I just read AAR's review of Hope's Captive by Kate Lyon. It is a western. I had it in my hands at walmart a few weeks back but there wasn't anything else there I wanted, the lines were long and well the cover is blah. So I decided to put it back until I read something about it. It isn't like I am hurting for books.

    ACK! It sounds good. I want! And now I need to find it! Do we want to take bets I won't be able to find it in a store? hmmm maybe it will be added to my BAMM order.

    Really I know kristiej likes to harp on Avon and their covers but really I think Dorchester has them beat. At least on the historicals.
    2 Comments:
    1. While Love Spell covers have gotten better (JMHO), the Leisure imprint still seems to think that it's 1985. Awful, horrible clinches slapped on mainly westerns. My first thought upon seeing the cover to Hope's Captive was Gee, I wonder if the heroine is jealous that the hero has better boobs than she does?

      I'm reading it right now and have taken to leaving the book lying face down on the coffee table, counter, desk - where ever it lands. I'm only 45 pages into it, but so far it is very good.

      By Blogger Wendy, at 1/26/2006 11:38:00 AM  

    2. I am horrid with knowing imprint names. And even worse with knowing what the difference is...

      But I agree some of them are better so they are prolly the love spell ones ;). Like Crimson City series all got good covers. Catspell is nice, Penelope & Prince Charming looks good, then you have Connie Mason and Cassie Edwards. But I don't read either of them so...

      Good to hear HC is going well. I think I will wait until you are done to order it. I tend to like the westerns you do. And I am lazy and don't feel like going out right now and looking for it ;).

      By Blogger sybil, at 1/26/2006 12:14:00 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home