My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    2/24/2006
    The Earl's Intended Wife by Louise Allen
    The Earl's Intended Wife by Louise Allen

    OK so I bought one new book during my DiW search on Wednesday... hey one! I did good. So it wasn't on my tbb list and is an author I never heard of, I was weak.

    Summary:

    Hebe Carlton had little idea of her own charm until Major Alex Beresford arrived on the island of Malta. She made no attempt to cast out lures and treated him with warm practicality, showing an insight and ability to read him that few others had managed. His attentions made Hebe blossom, and her stepmother began to entertain hopes of a wedding.

    Then a letter arrived for Alex. The proposal of marriage he'd made to another before ever meeting Hebe had been accepted at last. He should be happy... But now Alex could only contemplate marrying one person — and it wasn't his betrothed!

    She doesn't have a website but does blog on Historical Romance UK

    I thought she was a new author but looks like she has been published in the UK just not here. In 2004! I wonder how they decide what books to bring out here. Or does that mean they need more Harlequin Historical authors?
    4 Comments:
    1. Ahhh! Another book junkie! Oh, well, I guess there are worse things to be addicted to. Although, I know I spend nearly as much per month on my romance book addiction as any other addict. *Sigh*

      The Earl's Intended looks really interesting. You'll have to let us know how you like it!

      By Blogger Trista Bane, at 2/24/2006 10:14:00 PM  

    2. Hey Trista!

      Yes the spending has got to stop for me for a bit. But I will survive some how!

      I will take comfort in my uh... 500 tbr :).

      Yes, I do think TEI looks good! And shall shout out when I read it.

      By Blogger sybil, at 2/25/2006 05:24:00 PM  

    3. I really like that cover. There are so few covers these days where h/h aren't making out yet still convey romantic tension. And the background is so different. Is that what caught your eye?

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/26/2006 02:43:00 PM  

    4. The cover is what caught my eye and then I read the back and thought hmmm island of Malta? OK!

      Yes I am easy ;). The HH covers seems to have a painting hint to them lately.

      By Blogger sybil, at 2/27/2006 03:56:00 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home