My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    3/06/2006
    Dark Lover by J R Ward

    Really people if you haven't read this one yet... go now, we will wait here. Run along.

    We shall talk about it! Oh yes Jay! I shall bring out the questions! Number 2 pencil not required ;).

    What did you first think when you saw the book?

    Do you remember what you first thought about it when you shut the book the first time you read Dark Lover?

    How many times have you read this book?

    What is your favorite scene out of Dark Lover?

    At the end of Dark Lover, who would you say is the brother you wanted to read most?

    click for review links

    few review links:
    My favorite review is here :)

    angie of the give-away is here

    bam reviews DL here

    tara reviews DL here

    Cindys takes a ramble on DL here

    even kristiej gave in on her no vamps and read

    Amanda reviews DL here

    Feel free to post to your review if I missed you!
    6 Comments:
    1. So, JR, Jaynie ( http://jaynier.blogspot.com/ )called Dark Lover a "rip-off" of Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark Hunter series. Including the use of a "Z" character. I'd love to hear your response when people say a series most of us adore, gush and rave about as being fresh is an unoriginal rip-off (and I'll probably quote you in the blog post I'm planning on writing about "rip-offs" lolol!)

      By Blogger Angela James, at 3/06/2006 10:01:00 AM  

    2. I thought Dark Lover was a great book, and immediately read it again. I can't wait to read about all of them, it's hard to choose just one.

      My favorite scene is when Wrath marks Beth as his, because he looses control, knows he's marking her, but can't help himself.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/06/2006 01:13:00 PM  

    3. Hi! I'm so excited for LE! I'm probably going to break into a dance at the store. I originally passed over DL twice. I was getting sick of vampires. Then I read Sybil's review at AAR and went (ran) out and bought it. It was funny, b/c the books I passed DL over for were totally disappointing. Anyway, coming out of the book I was most excited for Zsadist's book, but it's changed. I'm really really looking forward to Vishous (he of the big brain, many tattoos and "evil hand") and I want to know more about that Rehvenge fellow mentioned on the Yahoo group (which I can't post to for some reason). I will say I'm looking forward to all of them, because the different characters have all made an impression on me and I'm not just saying that to be a brown-noser or get spoilers on Rehvenge. Although, I wouldn't mind if it encouraged you to give us some...

      By Blogger Devon, at 3/06/2006 01:22:00 PM  

    4. Rehvenge... Rehvenge... Rehvenge...

      Put it this way: after Z he's my favorite. Absolutely...

      Spoiler about Rehv? Hmmmmmmmmmm... he's impotent, how about that?

      ;)

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/06/2006 03:32:00 PM  

    5. AWWWWW. Now you just cant say soemthing like that and then leave us hanging!.......................oh thats right, you just did. LOL

      Loved when Z sang, loved when Wrath got Beths name on back, ect,ect, ect. As for her ripping off Sherrilyn Kenyon, dont agree. I read alot of paranormals too and although some of the characteristcs of different vampire books might be the same, over all I would have to say the Brothers are hers and hers alone. PERIOD(my very strong opinion)

      By Blogger Suzette, at 3/06/2006 06:33:00 PM  

    6. Angie- want to take a moment to resopnd to what you posted:

      So, JR, Jaynie ( http://jaynier.blogspot.com/ )called Dark Lover a "rip-off" of Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark Hunter series. Including the use of a "Z" character. I'd love to hear your response when people say a series most of us adore, gush and rave about as being fresh is an unoriginal rip-off (and I'll probably quote you in the blog post I'm planning on writing about "rip-offs" lolol!)

      Here's my response: Because of the way I experience the writing of the Brotherhood books (i.e., the Brothers coming and finding me and talking in my ear and driving me insane), a comment like the one you refer to seems odd. To me, the Brothers are just them. Their personalities and life experiences and world are unique. And I can say with total confidence that no one's books influenced the Brotherhood- they come to me, show me their stories and I put what they say on the page- it's like dreaming. As for other peoples' work, I don't really read any vampire books anymore, not even rereads of Stroker or Rice or King. Because of the Brothers, I've stayed away from the subgenre for the last three years- the sole exception being Shiloh Walker's Hunter Series. Come to think of it, it's only in the last couple of months that I've started to read paranormals again and then only very select ones. So... there you have it. If you want some other kind of quote, email me!

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/06/2006 09:23:00 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home