My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    3/06/2006
    Building the Perfect Website....
    If you have looked around at all lately, many authors have websites. In fact more often than not authors are putting up websites before they have even sold their first novel.

    Do you visit author websites?

    If so what info do you look for when you are there?

    What is the ONE MUST have thing every author should have on their site?

    Link, or give us some authors that have wow'ed you with their site.

    clicky on the virgin to for a look at JR Ward's Site.
    Ward has some very nifty upcoming plan's for her site. There are already interviews of the brother by Ward (if this doesn't make sense to you... go reread). And she has plans to update the interviews with each book... I think that is what I read. LOL she will be along to say no if I am wrong.

    LOVE the glossary on the site, which is funny because I have read in a few places that people see those and duck and cover because omg that means the book will require thinking.

    She has a page called Guestbook and that made me sad. Because she is blogless and I really do hate guestbooks. But if you click on the page it is says Message board. It isn't a normal 'message board' but seems like it will be the brothers board. Not sure... anyone know?

    The thing I hope she has a chance to come by and tell us about is the Slice of Life> page. The idea is said to be something like a diary?

    Personally, I would like to see Ward update more but as is I don't see how she has time to breath. Honestly I don't know how most the authors around romanceland do all they do. Uh but I am a brat and would still like to see it updated more. hee

    If you could have one thing added or deleted from JR Ward's Site, what would it be?

    No clue if she will have time to come by this post or not, so if you have a question/comment you are dying to know, even about the website you are welcome to post here and/or here.
    2 Comments:
    1. I think the best author site I've ever seen, and I vist a lot, would be Kelley Armstrong's. It's easy to navigate, doesn't have confusing visuals, and the online fiction is a huge treat. JR Ward's interviews and slics of life section are similar to that, and again one of the things I think authors ought to do.

      Message boards are both good and bad, they are be a great way to interact with other readers of the author/genera, but they can also turn into toxic places with rabid fans.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/06/2006 12:37:00 PM  

    2. I'd second what Karla said.

      I have the websites of about thirty authors bookmarked (though there are others that I visit less frequently) and Kelley's is right at the top. If you're a fan of her books and you haven't checked the site out it's well worth it.

      Probably the most important thing for me when I'm visiting an author's site is that it's up to date. I always check the News section first for any upcoming publications that I might have missed.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/06/2006 02:19:00 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home