My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    3/11/2006
    From London With Love by Jenna Petersen
    Having enjoyed Jenna Petersen's first Avon novel, Scandalous. I was very happy to hear they signed her for more books.

    And then sad to hear it was about spies... The summary of the series from her site says:
    Three orphans. Three widows. Three distinguished ladies. But they share more in common than their beauty, grace and charm. These three ladies are some of England's greatest spies. Each one is proud to protect country and King, but when they encounter three very different men in the field, they each begin to doubt their ability to protect their own hearts.


    click for more info... come on kristie you know you want too ;)

    I am interested, since I did enjoy the first novel that would be enough to take a look see at this one. But I do also like the ladies vs young debs angle. Then I started to think about it and how many 'female spy' historical stories can you think of... I could come up with The Lady Lies by Saxon. I haven't read the others in that series. Then there is one more that hasn't come out yet and I will be posting about later. And the others I thought of were men.

    What am I missing? Am I the only one over spy clubs right now? Does the fact they are women vs men make a difference to you, if you are done with the spy game? LOL or is it just me?

    From London With Love comes out in Aug/06 and there is an excerpt up.

    I shall now turn the floor over to Kristie to have at the cover ;). Which I like, is yellow the new red? Or is the bed the new clinch? And hey no man titty or halfnakedd people in sight ;). Oh and I should add that the author seems very happy with her cover on the Avon board.
    10 Comments:
    1. Now see - that's the kind of cover I can handle. And I will give Avon their dues. :) I like it. I've never tried Jenna Peterson but I think I might. At least the first one - because like you, I am so over the whole spy thing. That's why I simply overspyed with Celeste Bradley. It wasn't that I thought she doesn't write well - it was just too many spies spoiled the broth!

      By Blogger Kristie (J), at 3/11/2006 03:43:00 PM  

    2. Crap! More spies. I liked Scandalous too but the spy historical thing is a turnoff. This is sad. I thought I found another new author *stomping foot*

      By Blogger erika, at 3/11/2006 10:09:00 PM  

    3. well Celeste Bradley is the one that came to mind. And unlike you I am still in for the ride.

      then.... what? Beauty and the Spy by Julie Ann Long, All Through the Night by Connie Brockway, Night of Sin by Julia Ross...

      Really that isn't much. Why do spies seem so over?

      By Blogger sybil, at 3/12/2006 12:27:00 AM  

    4. I do like that it's a female spy. Nice cover, too -- love the sideboob. :D

      By Blogger meljean brook, at 3/12/2006 01:02:00 AM  

    5. LOL

      didn't notice the sideboob, uh good catch ;)

      I think it is a good cover, very eye catching. Legs and beds seem to be the new thing?

      hmmm would that be new?

      By Blogger sybil, at 3/12/2006 02:21:00 PM  

    6. I really like Jenna's new cover, especially when placed in comparison to Avon's bare-chested men covers. :)

      I remember Jenna talking about this sale last year. She called it "Charlie's Angels in crinolines" (I think I got that right.) I thought it sounded cute.

      I'm a bit sad to hear the distaste for spies. I think Kensington did a pretty good job with focusing the back cover copy of ASK FOR IT on the reunion aspects of the story, and I made sure that my promotional materials also did the same, but it is a "spy" hero. It would be a bummer to have readers pass over the book because of that. :(

      By Blogger Sylvia Day, at 3/12/2006 05:34:00 PM  

    7. LOL you know Sylvia that line
      England, 1770. Beneath the silk and lace of London society lies a secret, elite organization of spies. Protecting the Crown from its enemies is hazardous, but for Marcus Ashford, protecting his heart from an unyielding passion is the far greater peril... was what lead me to think it was another 'group' of spies stories.

      And why I said yuck *g*. This would be the other spy story I was talking about earlier. Great cover as well, guess I will post it now while we are on the subject of spies ;).

      By Blogger sybil, at 3/12/2006 06:59:00 PM  

    8. I like this cover, sideboob and all. :)

      I'm not burned out on spies yet, although I definitely want to see something new in upcoming spy stories I read.

      By Blogger Alyssa, at 3/12/2006 09:08:00 PM  

    9. Thanks for featuring the cover, sybil! I do love it, I have to say. :) I know the clinch isn't for everyone, but I've always been partial to it.

      As for the spy stories, I hope people will give them a chance. I think they are all very emotional, sexy reads, which I think is what people who liked Scandalous responded to. But if you really, really hate spies and just can't bring yourself to try them, maybe you'll try the next book after the series is over.

      JennaP

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/13/2006 09:14:00 AM  

    10. I don't mind spy stories if they're character driven...I hate it when the intrigue takes over everything else...I'll be reading the Petersen story though. Author shows great promise and I like the cover!

      By Blogger romancelover, at 3/13/2006 09:25:00 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home