My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    3/09/2006
    Avon Red
    ETA: NYDN: Hot off the presses link found at Sylvia Day's blog.

    Avon Red
    ::sits back and waits for kristiej to stop snickering::

    It could be worse, it could be SPICE. You may have noticed, romantica/erotica is exploding all around us. Think what you may about AVON. I am very interested to see what they buy and publish.

    Good thing too since the first two books come out soon. Of course at the price I have no idea if I can get them, so I am crossing my fingers they come my way for review. Hint... hint...

    Parlor Games by Jess Michaels, Leda Swann, Julia Templeton - Historical

    If This Bed Could Talk by by Liz Maverick, Kimberly Dean, Lynn LaFleur - Contemporary

    Both look nice, have ok titles and I think have nice covers. Booksquare is where I got the link and she sez:
    Erotica is pretty popular in electronic format isn’t it? If you hang around in the right places, you begin to realize that a lot of readers are going online for their erotic reading. We’re a bit curious as to why — our theory is that some women are uncomfortable heading out the local Borders to buy erotica.

    **click purple prose**
    Really in my mind it is easy: covers, titles and price. It isn't so much buying the book that has erotica on the cover as much as the naked ass. And it is sad that you can get the ebook for MM price or buy a trade for near double. Or at least that is what I hear repeatedly when chatting with readers at the book store.

    What do you think?

    Other than the two title above, I have seen:
    • Swept Away by Toni Blake; September 2006
    • Sugar and Spice by Leda Swann; October 2006
    • Pleasure Control by Cathryn Fox; November 2006
    **PLEASURE EXCHANGE and PLEASURE PROLONGED follow, no date yet
    • Seduce Me by Dahlia Schweitzer; December 2006
    Familiar Kind of Magic by Sylvia Day March 2007
    • Into the Darkness Delilah Devlin; April 2007
    • My Immortal by Sylvia Day; May 2007
    My Immortal II (needs a name) by Sylvia Day; Dec 2007
    ** Belle On The Bend by Lynn LaFleur but I can't find a date for it. And wow, she has had some bad covers with EC.

    Any others you know of? Are you planning to check out Red?

    (yes you can tell by the link to booksquare this has been sitting in draft for a bit and really should have been the second post. But I am putting off going back and seeing what is left of the other post after my lovely computer shut down... again)
    2 Comments:
    1. INTO THE DARKNESS by Delilah Devlin; April 2007

      MY IMMORTAL II (not the name, must think of more for the series) by Sylvia Day; December 2007

      and somewhere in there will be Cathryn Fox's PLEASURE EXCHANGE and PLEASURE PROLONGED

      Delilah also has a second title.

      :)

      By Blogger Sylvia Day, at 3/09/2006 08:07:00 PM  

    2. Thanks! Maybe I will find more out when I add links later.

      By Blogger sybil, at 3/09/2006 08:36:00 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home