My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    4/24/2006
    No stairway? Denied!
    Am I supposed to be a man? Am I supposed to say 'That's ok! I don't mind!! I don't mind!!' Well, I mind! I mind big time! And you know what the worst part is? I NEVER LEARNED TO READ!!

    click quote for more quotes and rambling

    "But what I'd really like is to do "Wayne's World" for a living. It might happen, tsshyeah, right, and monkeys might fly out of my butt."
    I have spent the last hour or so not being able to sleep and going through email. It has been neglected over the last few days (working so cuts into my important activities). And I noticed an email from Whiskeycreek Press.

    "But what I'd really like is to do "Wayne's World" for a living. It might happen, tsshyeah, right, and monkeys might fly out of my butt."
    I have spent the last hour or so not being able to sleep and going through email. It has been neglected over the last few days (working so cuts into my important activities). And I noticed an email from Whiskey Creek Press.
    "Ex-squeeze me? Baking powder?"
    I had forgotten that after posting about Spring Fling I had requested a copy to review. I have never read a book from WCP nor can I recall reading a review for them. But I have 'heard' of them before so I have to have read about them, which to my mind translates to a review - some where. I judged for Passionate Ink and signed up for their newsletter, this book was listed in the last addition.
    "We're not worthy!!!"
    Turns out they do not send review copies to blogs. Which I can understand in a way but got me thinking about Cece's recent post and how people decide to purchase ebooks. For me it would be reviews I trust at AAR or The Romance Reader (meaning reviews that generally have the same taste as I do), email newsletters (that "I" sign up for) and word of mouth.
    "I mean, Led Zeppelin didn't write tunes that everyone liked. They left that to the Bee Gees."
    So I put Whiskey Creek Press into the blogger search thing and the last post I see from a reader was me, go figure. Other than that there are few posts by writers for WCP, but they are authors I haven't read with blogs I have rarely been to if ever. So maybe that is why I don't know much about Whiskey Creek Press...
    "She will be mine. Oh yes. She will be mine."
    I could request it from AAR to review but really, I can't recall AAR reviewing Whiskey Creek Press. I would think they have or that could be why I have never heard of WCP. Other than AAR and The Romance Reader, the books I read, want or covet come from word of mouth which generally means blogs.
    "Oh. Wayne will understand right away. NOT. Excuse me?"
    I could buy the book. Since I know nothing of the books they normally publish and I have only tried one of the authors before I don't see that happening. There are books I want on the 'to be bought' list that would come before an unknown I wanted to read out of curiosity and interest to try something new.
    "Turn it off, man! Turn it off! It's sucking my will to live!"
    Or I could just use it as an excuse to post quotes from Wayne's World. I did have a point here before I became amused with Wayne's World.
    "Well, you know what you can do with your show? You can- (airplane drains out the words) till the handle breaks off and you need to get a doctor to pull it out again!!"
    I think I was gonna say something along the lines of 'I agree with Cece' but why say something in four words I can say with quotes and a long oddish ramble?
    "Do you accept cash? CHA-CHING!!"
    Just an odd side question - Is it normal for a ebook publisher to charge to put the book in print? If so that sucks.
    "I once thought I had mono for a whole year. Turns out I was just really bored."
    I have the page marked to do a list of ebook publishers like the one I did for romantica here but haven't gotten to it yet. But I didn't think EC or the like charged.
    "Let's do the scooby- doo ending!"
    Ok, I am stopping now. Feel free to post rec's to WCP reviews or rec authors ;).
    Garth Algar: Party on, Wayne.
    Wayne Campbell: Party on, Garth.
    all quotes belong to someone like Mike Meyers or Dana Carvey or some studio that begins with a P, not me.
    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home