My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    5/24/2006
    For Jane...
    looks like this one is a follow up to It's in His Kiss and it is a 1.99

    I know JR Ward does a 'slice of life' thing. Sort of a day in the life of the brothers, which she put up on her yahoo group. I know there is a place on her website don't know if it will be used or not.

    I see that as sort of silly, nifty fun. It amused me but was that because it was free? I am a complete series!slut, at least while I am still in lurve with the series. So maybe if I read Quinn I would be more WoOT! about it but... I think it is a marketing thing. maybe... or oohhhhh ::channeling krisite and d.:: it is evol avon making her do it against her WILL!

    hee
    9 Comments:
    1. Okay, hell, no, I ain't buying some second epilogue for $1.99. I'd rather buy an ebook for #3.99 and get something new rather than syrupy HEA crap. If it was free, it might be another story.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/24/2006 08:33:00 PM  

    2. This makes me a little sick...hear the register going ch..ching..ch..ching. I wouldn't buy the 2nd Epilogue. I didn't care for this book much. It had a lot of wasted potential.

      By Blogger romancelover, at 5/25/2006 09:59:00 AM  

    3. This makes me a little sick...hear the register going ch..ching..ch..ching. I wouldn't buy the 2nd Epilogue. I didn't care for this book much. It had a lot of wasted potential.

      By Blogger romancelover, at 5/25/2006 10:00:00 AM  

    4. I'm with romancelover. This is just dis-flippin-gusting. Why in the world would she CHARGE for this. As someone else pointed out in your For the Quinn Readers comment section, so many other authors include things like this FOR FREE on their websites or whatever.

      Yep, Cha...Ching sounds about right.

      It's kind of sad, actually!

      By Blogger Holly, at 5/25/2006 12:01:00 PM  

    5. I can't see paying for it either BUT I can understand charging for it.

      I mean writers, write to get paid. To me it comes down to how big they will be (didn't see a page count or really a summary for the story but for the book it is a ep to) and how well they are done.

      When they are free, it doesn't matter, it seems like more of a just for fun thing. But when you throw in a fee, even just 2bucks that changes things. At least I think so.

      By Blogger sybil, at 5/25/2006 01:20:00 PM  

    6. If the future of ebooks is to pay $2 per every 20-30 pages, I think I am not going to be a happy camper.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/25/2006 02:45:00 PM  

    7. I understand that, Sybil. Really. It's just that in a case like this, where (from what I can gather) she's writing this more as a "fun" thing, she shouldn't charge.

      I don't know. The whole thing just smacks of a marketing ploy to me.

      By Blogger Holly, at 5/25/2006 03:16:00 PM  

    8. Just to clarify, JQ isn't the one charging. As far as I can see, she was contracted by Harper Collins to write these epilogues. They're the ones charging -- and I think these are being done to launch their ebook venture.

      By Blogger Kathryn S, at 5/30/2006 01:27:00 PM  

    9. Then again, I don't see anything about Harper on her website, so maybe this is something she's doing on her own. I'm like the big guy on Hogan's Heroes "I see nuthink, I know nuthink..."

      By Blogger Kathryn S, at 5/30/2006 01:30:00 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home