My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    5/12/2006
    You may have noticed...
    I am all sorts of shades of a series whore. Build me an interesting world and I love to live there for a few books.

    But thinking about the recent comments about 'there are no stand alones' had me thinking.

    When was the last paranormal novel to come out that IS a stand alone. Everyone I can think of has a sequel, trilogy or a family of 20 books to follow.

    Do paranormals lend themselves to series books because the author and the reader invest so much time into world building and understanding? Or what?
    3 Comments:
    1. This one may actually have it's roots outside the romance genre. Does science fiction/fantasy even have stand-alone books or are they all in groups of some type?

      By Blogger Bev (BB), at 5/12/2006 09:51:00 AM  

    2. I think famed author Charles de Lint has stand alones. Same would be true for Patricia McKillip. Christopher Moore. Catherine Asaro. Robin McKinley (to my dismay). Series sell books, though, no question.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/12/2006 10:07:00 AM  

    3. Yeah, it's fairly rare to find a SF/Fantasy standalone.

      By Blogger Nicole, at 5/12/2006 08:09:00 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home