My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    7/01/2006
    One and Only by Alice Valdal
    Hey saw this in the store... anyone read it yet?

    You might recall Alice Valdal from her first book, The Man for Her. I had mixed feelings about the first book but will keep an eye and an ear out for this one.

    The writing in TMfH was pretty good, it was a major plot point I couldn't get over. I think she is worth another look. And hey it is a western, book comes out in July and there is an excerpt on the front page. The site isn't great but there is some info. Like this summary:
    SHE COULDN'T RESIST

    A frontier mining town seems like an ideal place for Emma Douglas to make a fresh start as a schoolmarm. But even a haven like Prospect has its distractions--in the form of dashing Grey North. When Grey insists on accompanying her on a visit to San Francisco, mutual attraction flares into a night of unforgettable passion.

    HE WOULDN'T GIVE IN

    Grey harbors his own secrets--yet he's not about to shirk his duty when it comes to restoring Emma's reputation. He just hadn't counted on this stubborn, spirited, utterly beguiling woman refusing to marry him. But Grey isn't the kind to back down from a challenge, and sweet Emma's love is a prize well worth claiming...
    Hope it is good.

    Labels: , ,

    5 Comments:
    1. I'm sorry. I can't get past the cover. I'll come back later and see if I can see the blurb without gouging my eyes out.

      CindyS

      By Blogger CindyS, at 2/28/2006 05:04:00 AM  

    2. Bwwwwaaaaahhhhhhhh! I take it you no likey?

      By Blogger sybil, at 2/28/2006 05:47:00 AM  

    3. Hey!!! What happened to my post??? I was the first to pimp. I had the opposite reaction to Cindy. I'd buy the book on the cover alone! He is YUMMERS!!!!
      And I also said that now that you include pictures :) I'm remembering much better. I linked to the first one and right away knew I had her first book too - unread still, but I have it.

      By Blogger Kristie (J), at 2/28/2006 05:51:00 AM  

    4. LOL maybe you didn't type in the word verf. thing and just exited the comment box.

      ? The cover is ok... not horrid but not my fave. The first book was good. I think you would like. It is a good quick read but no where near a keeper. But it is the first one. So I am sure this one will rock ;).

      By Blogger sybil, at 2/28/2006 06:01:00 AM  

    5. Oh he's yummers alright - but what is up with that expression on his face?

      By Blogger Wendy, at 7/02/2006 09:13:00 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home