My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    7/02/2006
    How Much Do You Know About Davey Jones?
    I watched Pirates of the Caribbean today because as I was telling a friend I wanted to see Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest he said he had never seen the first one.

    le gasp!


    Lucky for him I own it. So he has seen it now and all is right again with the world. Do go watch the trailer if you haven't seen it, or hell go watch it again. And watch the clip called "hide the rum"... As we were discussing my growing pirate!fetish I started to think of books I need to read or reread.


    And I remembered I have no memory. So off I went to the ever fab pirate list on AAR that is put together by the even more fab Rachel.


    yo ho, yo ho, it's a pirate book for me

    **click above link for full list... this is just ones I have read or have to read (well and a few I WANT)**


    * The Pirate Next Door (2003) by Jennifer Ashley
    read... fun but not a keeper have Care and Feeding of Pirates to be read.


    * Across a Moonlit Sea (1996) by Marsha Canham
    * The Iron Rose (2003) by Marsha Canham
    have both to be read


    * The Wind and the Sea (1984) by Marsha Canham
    harder than hell to find... sadly I don't own it


    * The Skypirate (1995) by Justine Davis
    I have one of these and need the other... I forget if this is the one I have or not.


    * The Pirate Prince (1998) by Gaelen Foley
    Love this series, really need to reread


    * The Gift (1991) by Julie Garwood
    I mostly like this but do want to slap the heroine at times.


    * Guardian Angel (1990) by Julie Garwood
    tbr


    * Passion's Bride (1984) by Jo Goodman
    This was reissued as The Captain's Lady, sadly I don't own either one.


    * Once a Pirate (2000) by Susan Grant
    A kristie rec, and since I always do what kristie says it is tbr


    * My Lady Pirate (1994) by Danelle Harmon
    I think I have read this but don't own it and can't remember it. Doesn't Harmon have other pirate books?


    * The Pirate and the Pagan (1990) by Virginia Henley
    I could never understand how she didn't get who her pirate was. I have three Henley 'keepers' this isn't one of them.


    * The Pirate Lord (1998) by Sabrina Jeffries
    LOVE this! Highly rec it. You should read it for the story it is based on, if for no other reason.


    * Shadowheart (2004) by Laura Kinsale
    My first romance novel! And one of my faves.


    * Only With Your Love (1992) by Lisa Kleypas
    tbr


    * Gentle Rogue (1990) by Johanna Lindsey
    tbr


    * The Windflower (1984) by Laura London (Sharon and Tom Curtis)
    Another kristie rec... tbr


    * The Tiger's Bride (1998) by Merline Lovelace
    I want this but have never been able to find it! hmmm and I forget why I wanted it...


    * Master of Seduction (2000) by Kinley MacGregor
    * A Pirate of Her Own (1999) by Kinley MacGregor
    I like both of these but I am a sucker for a MacGregor book. Shush cw.


    * Til Dawn Tames the Night (1991) by Meagan McKinney
    maili and kristie rec... tbr


    and not on aar's list
    Bad Boys Ahoy!

    A Woman's Heart


    My Lord Pirate and maybe the rest of the series... Night Shadow, Heart of the Condor and Wicked Lies. All written under the name Lauren Renken aka Melody Thomas. I say maybe because they are to be read. [note OOP and was a bitch to get the whole series.]


    The Pirate's Jewel
    The Pirate & the Puritan - both tbr


    Not sure if this fits but hey they are smugglers and the title so goes with the theme *eg*... Captain Jack's Woman


    Lady Pirate is one of my fave books by Lynsay Sands.


    Pirates is one by Linda Lael Miller I still need to get.

    That is all I can think of... so what do you rec for a good pirate read? ::waits for suisan and kristie to show up::

    We pillage, we plunder, we rifle and loot.
    Drink up me 'earties, Yo Ho!
    We kidnap and ravage and don't give a hoot.
    Drink up me 'earties, Yo Ho!

    Yo Ho, Yo Ho! A pirate's life for me.

    We extort, we pilfer, we filch and sack.
    Drink up me 'earties, Yo Ho!
    Maraud and embezzle and even hijack.
    Drink up me 'earties, Yo Ho!

    Yo Ho, Yo Ho! A pirate's life for me.
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho! A pirate's life for me.

    Labels:

    12 Comments:
    1. I've read the Ashley books, and Kinley MacGregor's as well, but other than that I haven't read any other pirate books!

      By Blogger Marg, at 7/02/2006 03:23:00 AM  

    2. Beyond Paradise by Elizabeth Doyle! I absolutely LOVED that book! I've even posted a review of it on my blog. I found it to be very entertaining. I absolutely love pirate books and I love Pirates of the Caribbean. ;)

      By Blogger dancechica, at 7/02/2006 06:20:00 AM  

    3. There's always A Priate's Love by Johanna Lindsey, that's Tristan and Bettina's story. Or *clearing throat* Gentle Rogue which is Jason Malory's story. If I read about a pirate, I go to Lindsey.

      ...Fi

      By Blogger Kerri Wall, at 7/02/2006 07:23:00 AM  

    4. Heh heh - Avast matey, you knew I was comin' did ye? Let's see, one that I don't see listed and is very, very (very) good is The Prince by Elizabeth Minogue
      My other faves (some of which you know :)

      'Til Dawn Tames the Night by Meagan McKinney is one of the best
      The Iron Rose & Across a Moonlit Sea by Marsha Canham
      Once a Pirate by Susan Grant
      The Pirate Prince by Gaelen Foley
      The Pirate Lord by Sabrina Jeffries
      For Her Love & Into His Arms by Paula Reed. The heroes of these aren't technically pirates anymore. And if I'm not mistaken you have one of them by her. And then there is Nobody's Saint by Ms. Reed where he is still a pirate.

      By Blogger Kristie (J), at 7/02/2006 07:58:00 AM  

    5. And *smacking self in head* of course The Windflower!!

      By Blogger Kristie (J), at 7/02/2006 08:06:00 AM  

    6. I *Think* susan wiggs had a pirate book. I'll dig it out of my keeper stack and double check

      LLM's book is a time travel btw.

      By Blogger Amie Stuart, at 7/02/2006 08:54:00 AM  

    7. I'll second Kristie's rec of ONCE A PIRATE by Susan Grant - which is also a time travel.

      By Blogger Wendy, at 7/02/2006 09:12:00 AM  

    8. The Megan McKinney that Kristie suggested is good.

      Fi

      By Blogger Kerri Wall, at 7/02/2006 10:14:00 AM  

    9. Argh, matey.

      I jist finish'd T'Pirate Lord. Arr. Tis a well doon buk, if'n yer into such pursuits as readin'

      Now, fer me? I'll take t'Special Features section of te Pirates's DVD, whar Orlando says t'famous ting, "Swash! Swash! Buckle! Buckle!"

      Ferever in me mind as t'code phrase fer t'pirate lovers we are.

      Arr.

      Off to polish me sword. And tick anodder day off t'calendar. Arr.

      By Blogger Suisan, at 7/02/2006 08:49:00 PM  

    10. Heh, does anyone else besides me wonder if Suisan has gone so far around the bend (over the ocean?) she isn't coming back anytime soon? ;D

      Ahem, I know I have some pirate romances, too. I just can't think of any at the moment.

      By Blogger Bev (BB), at 7/03/2006 09:18:00 AM  

    11. Good recs, Kristie. Now I know what to busy myself with while waiting for 13 July to come round -- the release date here in S'pore.

      Amie -- were you by chance referring to Kingdom of Gold, or Jewel of the Sea? Love those two, and then there's October Wind.

      Sybil, we've been lucky here. Caught Curse of the Black Pearl on Disney Channel just two Saturdays ago, and local TV is airing it again on 9 July. But I love the DVD mostly for the bonus features.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/04/2006 09:51:00 AM  

    12. Aha!!! Thought of another one I really liked. Heart of the Storm by Rexanne Becnel

      By Blogger Kristie (J), at 7/04/2006 10:06:00 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home