My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    9/01/2006
    Do Your Thang Honey **EXTENDED**
    Have you set up your LibraryThing account? What is LibraryThing, you ask?
    LibraryThing is a new site for book lovers.

    It's basically two sites in one.

    LibraryThing helps you to create a library-quality catalog of your books. You can do all of them or just what you're reading now.

    And because everyone catalogs online, they also catalog together. LibraryThing connects people based on the books they share
    Since you ask Fi, no I they aren't paying me but they are letting me give away a year subscription (yes it is only $10 bucks to get an account for a year but winning is fun!)

    Set up your free librarything account. You can add up to 200 books (for free) and post the link in this thread by September 30th. The winner will be randomly picked (on Oct 1st) from the posts and will win a paid account for a year. Then you can add allllllll your books!

    Anyone can post a link to their free account! If you have already paid for an account, post a link anyway and let us go take a peek at your bookshelf. Cuz it is fun (but you can't win)! You can find nifty info, new stuff and tricks for your blog (like the new search box) at their blog.

    Thanks go to Tim for creating such a nifty site (and letting me give away an account)!
    11 Comments:
    1. I love Librarything! I've already bought a lifetime membership so can't enter the competition, but here's the link to my library!


      http://www.librarything.com/catalog.php?view=diamondlil

      By Blogger Marg, at 8/06/2006 06:04:00 AM  

    2. One thing that keeps me from moving to Library Thing (well, 2 things). 1. It doesn't seem that I can designate the books that I want to show up. It's all random and 2. sometimes it seems to prevent websites from loading or makes it load slowly.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/06/2006 09:39:00 AM  

    3. I also love library thing and have a lifetime membership. It seems I'm always cataloging my books and adding new tags.

      By Blogger Dev, at 8/06/2006 09:55:00 AM  

    4. OH I love LibraryThing too - just discovered it. I don't mind the random thing at all. Cool stuff.

      By Blogger Stacy~, at 8/06/2006 12:24:00 PM  

    5. Jane, there is a way that you can specify which books show up by having a specific tag, and then putting that tag in your widget.

      I haven't done it myself but I know other people that have. It's just a case of playing with it a little.

      By Blogger Marg, at 8/06/2006 03:48:00 PM  

    6. I love the widget, which unfortunately doesn't work in LiveJournal. So I've set it up in my blogger blog, even though I post there less and it isn't so much about reading.

      http://www.librarything.com/catalog/jmcarr2001

      By Blogger jmc, at 8/06/2006 05:54:00 PM  

    7. That was fun! I'm not entering the contest but I'll post mine anyway!

      http://www.librarything.com/catalog/DecemberQuinn

      Now if only I could figure ot why my widget shows up in previews on blogger but not on my actual blog...

      By Blogger Stacia, at 8/06/2006 07:01:00 PM  

    8. I've started one in the free 200 but can't figure out where to put it in the blog.

      By Blogger Kristie (J), at 8/06/2006 08:30:00 PM  

    9. Love this when I found it too! I have so much more to put in and much more organizing to do!

      Anyway here's my link:

      http://www.librarything.com/catalog/Zeek

      (kristie J~ I put my link in the side bar section of my blog template ...

      By Blogger Unknown, at 8/07/2006 08:07:00 AM  

    10. Neat idea! There's no real rhyme or reason to the list I have so far. I have thousands more to enter, so it's gonna take me a long time.

      By Blogger Lynne Simpson, at 8/07/2006 01:20:00 PM  

    11. Oh, here's my link...

      http://www.librarything.com/catalog.php?view=trelaina

      By Blogger Stacy~, at 8/13/2006 07:35:00 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home