My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    8/29/2006
    CLAIMING THE COURTESAN **APR 2007** now with more ho'ness
    He would marry her, and possess her in every way possible.

    The Duke of Kylemore knows her as Soraya, London’s most celebrated courtesan. Men fight duels to spend an hour in her company. And only he comes close to taming her. Flying in the face of society, he decides to make her his bride; then, she vanishes, seemingly into thin air.

    Dire circumstances have forced Verity Ashton to barter her innocence and change her name for the sake of her family. But Kylemore destroys her plans for a respectable life when he discovers her safe haven. He kidnaps her, sweeping her away to his isolated hunting lodge in Scotland, where he vows to bend her to his will.

    There he seduces her anew. Verity spends night after night in his bed… and though she still plans her escape, she knows she can never flee the unexpected, unwelcome love for the proud, powerful lover who claims her both body and soul.


    No cover yet but there is an excerpt on Anna Campbell's site. This is her first book and is being released as a Avon Romantic Treasure in April, 2007 - which I guess is a big deal. (I know nothing about avon's lines)

    Labels: , , ,

    9 Comments:
    1. I'm hoping she's a fake whore. And because Avon hasn't had real genuine coutesans as heroines, I'm betting she won't be. The blurb looks interesting especially cause I like reading about Duke heroes...

      By Blogger erika, at 8/24/2006 09:28:00 PM  

    2. Sorry for the above spelling errors. coutesans=courtesan

      By Blogger erika, at 8/24/2006 09:30:00 PM  

    3. I've read this one in manuscript and I can tell you courtesan-ing is what this woman does for a living. She's a professional. It's brilliantly written and hot, hot, hot!
      Denise

      By Blogger Denise Rossetti, at 8/28/2006 06:06:00 AM  

    4. Denise, thanks for the plug. Sybil, I emailed back when you asked me about my heroine but I think my answer must have got lost in cyberspace. Thanks for the congrats and good luck! Yes, my girl is definitely a courtesan!

      By Blogger Anna Campbell, at 8/28/2006 01:33:00 PM  

    5. I've read CLAIMING THE COURTESAN in manuscript form too and I can tell you, this book is in a class of its own! An intense, sexy read--you won't be able to put it down.

      By Blogger Christine Wells, at 8/28/2006 08:49:00 PM  

    6. Thanks for answering Anna, she told you kristie *g*

      sorry erika

      I haven't read it in manuscript form... poor me

      By Blogger sybil, at 8/29/2006 12:47:00 AM  

    7. I don't get it. The working girl longs for a respectable life but when the DUKE offers her marriage, that ruins her plans? So she flees. He catches her. They have hot sex and she still plans to flee even though the DUKE, the highest ranking nobleman in the country second only to other DUKEs and the royalty, gives her everything her body and heart desires? Um, I haven't read the manuscript either but the plotline sounds like something I wouldn't want to read.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/29/2006 08:20:00 AM  

    8. What Jane said.

      By Blogger Karen Scott, at 8/29/2006 12:34:00 PM  

    9. Too bad. Will avoid this one.
      I wonder if the author will have the Ton embrace her totally inspite her being a genuine courtesan after she and the hero finally get together?
      Curious about that.

      By Blogger erika, at 8/29/2006 11:24:00 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home