My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    8/23/2006
    Don't you wish your name was in it?
    Oh I love that line... too funny.
    In this contemporary, erotic romance, three woman are determined to live the high life in New York City, not realizing that they share the same man.


    Thea Devine has an excerpt on her site, as well as a spicy excerpt (that always makes me giggle).

    then again so does this line:
    "That it is," he agreed. "I love how pointy your nipples are. I'd ask to fondle them, but this is your first day, and I don't want to ... overwhelm you."


    more more more
    LOL I think I will wait until wendy reads this to decide if it is worth getting. Or the ebook will sell for 8 bucks. Maybe we will get a dearauthor review.

    I can't find the back cover copy. The blurb is from BAMM but doesn't seem to fit the excerpts which means nothing.

    Brooke’s Unbreakable Rules

    Get First, Then Give
    Never waste your time on anything that doesn't get you something in return.
    Don't give it away; no itinerant penises, no pointless one night stands
    Never give it up at home; always his turf, because if he takes you there, he wants you there
    Do not not NOT fall in love
    Never get heavily invested in any man; let him invest in you
    Always dress to kill, and always wear high heels
    Be discreet, aloof, mysterious and elusive
    2 Comments:
    1. Bam - because her writing is awful. Seriously, I don't know why I read her sometimes. It's totally the guilty pleasure thing. Still, I think it's best when she avoid plots like vampires (unreadable IMHO) and sticks with trashy, old family secrets plots. Her Victorian era stuff I liked a lot because it was kinda fun to read about those stuffed shirts being so dirty.

      That said, this description leaves me cold. I doubt I'll buy this one new unless I get it for review (entirely possibly since I've been getting a lot of "hot" stuff lately). And while Devine's voice can be campy fun in historicals, I just don't see it working in contemporaries at all....

      By Blogger Wendy, at 8/23/2006 06:52:00 PM  

    2. OMG. Hilarious. I haven't gotten this one but if it is around $8.00 I may be talked in to buying it just for the fun of reviewing it.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/23/2006 11:09:00 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home