My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    8/23/2006
    Seems to be a lot of this going round
    Judith McNaught posts on her MB info on paperback release of Every Breath You Take
    As most of you have already guessed, the reason the paperback version is being called a "Special Edition" is because it contains previously unpublished material. More specifically, it contains an addtional 100 + manuscript pages that focus on and amplify Mitchell and Kate's momentous reunion and their romantic reconcilliation.

    And, as most of you have also already guessed, I made the decision to add those pages principally because of the uproar and clamor here from those of you who'd loved Kate and Mitchell so much that you felt genuinely deprived when the hardcover ended as it did.


    Full post here...

    So is this:

    1. author listening to readers

    2. author finding a way to sell paperback to people who already bought the hardcover

    3. bad editing, poor planning and/or plot holes the author should have caught before the book went to print

    4. all the above

    5. none of the above

    Or does it matter? Anyone planning to get this?
    4 Comments:
    1. hmm maybe. I raced thru the library copy so fast, I think i need to do a reread anyway.

      But I'm curious as to why it was cut from in the first place ... it wasn't an overlong book by all means.

      ::shrug::

      By Blogger Unknown, at 8/23/2006 03:00:00 PM  

    2. She's listening to fans that post at her SimonSays site. I lurk over there and the fans were wanting more so JM listened and added more to the paperback. I won't be buying cause EBYT didn't work for me.

      By Blogger erika, at 8/23/2006 08:57:00 PM  

    3. I still have your copy on my dresser to read. If it is good I will be forced to buy it.

      LOL then I will send it to you :). Too bad you bought Holt already.

      By Blogger sybil, at 8/23/2006 10:15:00 PM  

    4. I don't like this one bit but then Katherine Sutcliffe did a horrible thing by forgetting to end a romance book with the couple back together. I didn't pick up another book by her until that one came out a few years ago and got rave reviews. It *was* awesome but then she decided to write the rest of the couples story from that book and I was done. No thanks.

      So how are those who paid HC price feeling about buying a story that wasn't really what they wanted. *shrug*

      CindyS

      By Blogger CindyS, at 8/24/2006 12:54:00 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home