My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    8/22/2006
    Sabrina Take Five

    Five Most Often Asked Questions




    [click the question to see answer]


    1) How do your parents feel about your writing steamy romances?


    I get asked this when people find out that my parents areSouthern Baptist missionaries. And the answer is, they're fine with it.

    Really.

    They just don't read them. Too much sex and cussing, you know. *G*

    But otherwise, they're proud as punch. Sort of.







    2) Are you planning to stick with historicals?

    As far as I know. I suppose I might wake up tomorrow with a burning urge to write a Sex Goddess Werewolf book, but until it happens, I'll keep writing historicals.

    I grew up devouring Barbara Cartlands (my mom disapproved, but she let me read them, thank God) and my favorite authors are mostly Regency historical writers, so I really do love the period. I know some readers are sick of it, but I never get tired of it.

    Then again, I eat the same cereal every day for breakfast, too.








    3) Is the historical dead?


    Not for me.

    And obviously not for readers of Lisa Kleypas or Julia Quinn or Madeline Hunter or Mary Balogh or Jo Beverley . . . I'm just saying, there's a lot of authors still selling out there.

    But then I'm not very good with predicting trends--I wrote paranormal contemporary romantic
    suspense when you couldn't sell one to save your life (as Deborah Nicholas), so I sure hope somebody taps me on the shoulder and lets me know before all the readers leave the room and turn out the lights.

    I'm really not keen on standing alone in the dark, dreaming up stories nobody cares about.


    4) Will the Scottish Scourge (from Never Seduce a Scoundrel) get a book?

    Yes. I'm writing it now. It's set in Scotland, and that's all I can say or I'll have to kill you. But not before you give me a spiffy title for the book. Sadly, it still has none.


    5) Will Charlotte and Cousin Michael get a book?

    Yes, assuming they don't kill each other first. The letters between them that serve as epigrams for all the chapters of every book in this series (except the anthology) are getting downright testy. I'm going to have to slap them around a bit.

    Labels: , , ,

    8 Comments:
    1. I recently added a lot of Sabrina's books to my TBR list. I can't wait to get to them!

      By Blogger Marg, at 8/22/2006 03:45:00 PM  

    2. I liked reading your answers, too, Sabrina. What a great sense of humor you have!

      By Blogger Cheryl, at 8/22/2006 04:46:00 PM  

    3. Damn my formatting is off! EEK I shall try to fix now otherwise pretend there are spaces until I can get it fixed tonight.

      And make the cut thing work.

      le sigh... does anyone even notice the stuff I stress over? Other than Karens of course ;)

      By Blogger sybil, at 8/22/2006 05:23:00 PM  

    4. LOL Sybil...I didn't even notice or pay attention to the format until you mentioned it.

      By Blogger Jennifer Y., at 8/22/2006 08:48:00 PM  

    5. I don't need a copy of Never Seduce a Scoundrel because I already have one (and read it, and it was wonderful), but I wanted to comment anyway. :-) "Proud as punch. Sort of," made me giggle-snort. Probably because that's how my parents will be when I'm a big famous author who writes smut (which I will be someday, darn it).

      So, um, when are you going to write a werewolf regency historical? I'd TOTALLY read that. Although I might be the only person on the planet who'd read it AND enjoy it.

      By Blogger Sonja Foust, at 8/22/2006 11:17:00 PM  

    6. As someone who would someday like to publish a steamy romance novel, and not sure if I'd ever reveal it to me "religious" family ... you give me hope!

      Good interview!

      By Blogger Unknown, at 8/23/2006 07:32:00 AM  

    7. It's always fun to read your interview answers. Long live historicals, Sabrina.

      By Blogger J, at 8/23/2006 10:15:00 AM  

    8. OMG Sabrina! Your answers are hilarious! Almost made me spit out my Coke!

      Glad you're sticking with historicals. ;)

      Andrea

      By Blogger Andrea, at 8/23/2006 04:34:00 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home