My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    8/12/2006
    Give us five... Jo Goodman style
    I am rather bewildered to find myself in this place, that is, writing something about One Forbidden Evening without any clear direction about what I should write.

    Usually I get a list of questions, things like:

    1. How much research do you do?
    Gosh, research. Well, um, I didn’t know I had to do research. Isn’t it fiction? Don’t I get to just make stuff up?


    2. Have you always wanted to be a writer?
    No. I’ve always wanted to be Peter Pan.


    3. How long does it take you to finish a book?
    Depends what I’m reading.

    I finished Atlas Shrugged on the first go through in two grueling, sleepless days, but I still haven’t been able to get through Moby Dick.


    4. Who is your favorite hero?
    Fiction: Superman; Non-fiction: Clark Kent


    5. Where do you get your ideas?
    Flight of Ideas

    A girlfriend’s mother once asked, “Where do you get your ideas?”

    Realizing she was probing for information about the sex scenes, I answered politely, “Why, from your daughter, of course.”

    End of intercourse.


    **sybil note: I always love it when I like an author MORE after emailing with her ;). I am off to work but will try to finish formatting the q&a before midnight, otherwise look for it then here**
    2 Comments:
    1. LOL...love the answers!

      By Blogger Jennifer Y., at 8/12/2006 02:40:00 PM  

    2. Oh, Jo, I wish I'd thought of this:

      "A girlfriend’s mother once asked, “Where do you get your ideas?”

      Realizing she was probing for information about the sex scenes, I answered politely, “Why, from your daughter, of course.”

      That's one of the best answers to the *ideas* question, I've every heard, and I intend to use it without mercy. Although in my case, it will be a *wife* not a daughter.

      Still laughing at this one,
      EC Sheedy

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/13/2006 12:12:00 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home