My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    9/12/2006
    Team Sports

    Cathy writes: Yeah - Brent has to do as I say :-)
    Brent writes: But she pays for it after :-)

    But seriously, we have different strengths. Cathy is better at dialogue and emotional stuff, whereas Brent is better at descriptions. Cathy is a hopeless world-builder - her worlds always get mixed up, so Brent is currently working on sorting out the mess that she has made of a Victorian-era paranormal we are working on. Writing can be a very isolating job - so having someone to talk to about what you are doing makes it all so much more fun and less like hard work.


    Lots.

    Cathy has a huge pile of books sitting next to her bed that Brent grumbles about every so often. But his pile is very nearly as big!

    Cathy writes:
    Brent and I have very different reading tastes. I tend to read out of the romance genre a lot - I've just finished Kazuo Ishiguro's NEVER LET ME GO, and before then I was reading KAFKA ON THE SHORE by Haruki Murakami - one of the best books I've read in a long time. Strange books, both of them, with very romantic elements, but definitely not what you would call a romance.

    I tend to buy my romances as ebooks so I can read them easily on the train. I love Michelle Pillow's books, and Eloisa James - I'm a sucker for anything historical or historical/fantasy. It can be difficult getting hold of all the latest releases in paperback over on this side of the world, not to mention that postage is horribly expensive, so I wait with bated breath until my favorite authors come out in ebook format.


    I will read everything except for horror novels – they are the only thing I won’t touch.

    Reading widely keeps me fresh – I look forward to reading romance novels as part of my overall reading diet.


    Brent writes:
    Yes, we have different reading tastes. Cathy is more voracious than me, which means she takes up more room on our bookshelves. I lend her some of my space in return for favors ;-) I have quite eclectic tastes, I love the writing of Louis De Bernieres and the sci-fi of Greg Bear.

    I also like to read non-fiction tales of the ocean, ranging from marine biology (I’m a fan of nudibranchs – look them up!) to shipwrecks.

    Labels: , ,

    1 Comments:
    1. I'm just about to start Denyse Bridger's Victorian historical erotic mysteries. Series is called The Devane Files and first book is Out Of Hell. Its at Liquid Silver books. I'm excited to start this. I love historical mysteries but to have a romance in it is unique.
      I'm too finishing up DARK LOVER by JR Ward. Finally got to read it. Very good read.
      Cathie
      http://tbranxiety.blogspot.com

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/13/2006 06:29:00 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home