My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    11/14/2006
    Whatever you are looking for....
    As a rule I try to never trash a book or a person. It generally isn't my style. I rant. I rave. I have strong opinions and I think many actions of many people are stupid. But thinking the actions of a person aren't the brightest thing, disagreeing with them or not liking their book is a far cry from trashing, bashing, harassing or whatever.


    Oh course I have my moments... I can be a bitch. And most of the time I am very unapologetic about it. Although I am happy to admit when I am wrong. I dislike many people and many more dislike me. I dislike many a book and there are many more I like. I tend to think of myself as one of those people who is killing romance as you want it (or at least kristie, jane, keishon and the like).


    I am happy with the majority of what I am reading. In fact there are many I love and quite a few I know I shouldn't. But what the fuck, I am cool with that and if you are still here I would assume you are too. Because no matter what I love or hate - I don't expect you to have the same opinion nor would I ever, ever expect a anyone (friend or not) to only agree with me.


    Yesterday I had someone I greatly respect tell me that my blog strikes a good balance. And that is what I aim for... I want authors to feel comfortable to post. I want readers to feel comfortable to post. And most of all I never want anyone to feel that they have to agree with me.


    And I had another I greatly respect pretty much tell me I am unethical or at least I think that was her point.


    After a great many emails, some thought and a few more emails from a many people I have come to the conclusion that:


    Fair Use is your friend.


    Anyone who criticizes people, their work, their actions or whatever the hell should be able to except criticism... aka if you can't take the heat isn't just advice for authors.


    People who tell others to 'behave like a grown up' should take their own advice.


    Anything I post in a public place has a chance of being quoted elsewhere on the internet.


    If someone disagrees with my opinion, they can still be my friend.


    If you don't want people discussing what you say or what you write - don't put it on the internet and don't publish it.


    but most of all...


    NOTHING ON THE INTERNET DIES!


    If you disagree with any of the above, do feel free to post and give your opinion. I am always open to listening to different views. And have even been known to change my mind and agree.


    But may I suggest if any of the above bothers you to the point that you are close to cracking, losing your hold on reality or if you don't understand that YOU are the only person responsible for YOUR actions...well then you should just...



    until you tube comes back up...

    Don'T Come Around Here No More video by Tom Petty

    And words
    Don't come around here no more

    Don't come around here no more
    Don't come around here no more
    Whatever you're looking for
    Hey! Don't come around here no more

    I've given up. I've given up-
    I've given up on waiting any longer
    I've given up, on this love getting stronger

    I don't feel you anymore
    You darken my door
    Whatever you're looking for
    Hey, don't come around here no more

    I've given up. I've given up
    I've given up, you tangle my emotions
    I've given up, honey please admit it's over

    Don't come around here no more
    Don't come around here no more
    Whatever you're looking for
    Hey, don't come around here no more

    Stop walking down my street
    Who do you expect to meet?
    Whatever you're looking for
    Hey, don't come around here no more

    Labels: , ,

    12 Comments:
    1. Everyone has the right to their own opinions just don't try to force them on others. A discusion is fine, but if you put your opinion out there be prepared to defend it and to get feedback, welcome or otherwise.

      PS I love that video, I haven't thought of that in years.

      By Blogger Kris, at 11/14/2006 03:49:00 PM  

    2. Hey bint, I think your blog is nice and balanced.

      As for my own blog, I'm totally over caring how I come across. My real life is one big balancing act, so the blog gives me freedom to express myself without fear of offending anybody who matters.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/14/2006 04:33:00 PM  

    3. DAMMIT! How come all the good shit always happens when I'm not around?? Are you doing this on purpose? Are you TRYING to give me a complex? *sniffle*

      See, I think you ARE a bitch some of the time, but hey, so am I...and guess what? We aren't the only ones. I think ALL women have an inner bitch, some just choose to let her loose more often than others. Whatever floats your boat.

      I also think that THIS IS YOUR BLOG, if people don't agree with what you have to say (to the point where they need to send email bombs and shit) they can take a hike.

      Some peoples kids.

      By Blogger Holly, at 11/14/2006 09:08:00 PM  

    4. Sybil --

      Sometimes you're the sh*t and sometimes you're the sandwich. Either way, it's still sh*t.

      This is your playground -- do whatever you want.

      By Blogger Kathryn S, at 11/14/2006 11:05:00 PM  

    5. I'm going to agree with Holly. We all have the tendency to be a bitch, and are entitled to it from time to time. This is your place, so you can be however you want. If people don't like it, they can leave the party.

      One thing I will say is that people do get a little too sensitive and defensive over stuff that really doesn't mean all that much when you really think about it. I don't think it's worth getting worked up over. If you're gonna be a bitch, make it count LOL.

      I love reading differing opinions -I don't think I'd be blogging if everyone was exactly the same. We just have to be aware that not everyone's gonna like it. That's life.

      By Blogger Stacy~, at 11/15/2006 05:59:00 AM  

    6. I love when I read something and am clueless to the back story. Whatever prompted this post can't be more important than the reason (probably) you started the blog...to have a place to have your say.

      By Blogger Rosie, at 11/15/2006 12:09:00 PM  

    7. Pretty sure that as long as attribution is given and you are not wholesale republishing articles from around the 'net, fair use protects you. And yes, if you state something publicly, no matter if it is on a message board or in an opinion article or a review, you are opening yourself up to criticism.

      The "if you can't take the heat" theorem should apply to everyone, even reviewers (particularly those who consider themselves as "professionals").

      finally, it is your blog and no one can control what goes on here. Much to others' chagrin, I am sure.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/15/2006 01:22:00 PM  

    8. I've said this before, right here on this very blog, but since I made a decision to be a public figure, and to have my opinions scrutinized by the public, whether I agree with their idiotic assesments or not, I find that I have less than no patience for people who prattle on about how we shoudl all be super-duper supportive and nice all the time.

      Don't want to be held to a public standard? Fine. Don't be public. It is a *decision* to go onto the web. Nobody's making people post to chatrooms, etc. Nobody forced me to run for office or to walk precincts.

      And once you're public, the rest of the world does have an opinion of you. They do. And they have a right to express it. Really.

      Carry On.

      By Blogger Suisan, at 11/15/2006 02:43:00 PM  

    9. Excellent post, Sybil. I've never noticed you being unfair.

      By Blogger Stacia, at 11/15/2006 04:13:00 PM  

    10. You are not allowed to pick fights with people while I'm in the process of moving across the country. I feel left out. Wait a few more days before saying anything controversial.

      I hate not knowing what the heck is going on...

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/15/2006 08:50:00 PM  

    11. I love this blog. Don't change it or try to appease every single person. Keep up the awesome comments. What the hell happened by the way? Did I miss something?

      By Blogger romancelover, at 11/16/2006 12:29:00 AM  

    12. Right on, sister!!

      But to me, the most important thing you said was, "NOTHING ON THE INTERNET EVER DIES."

      And that's why I try to make sure that I don't come off as a total bitch (although I think in my attempt to do that I often come off as a dumba$$, but, eh, it's always something).

      I don't my grandkids to be online 50 years from now and say, "boy, gradma was a horrible person!"

      By Blogger Em, at 11/16/2006 10:18:00 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home