My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    11/04/2006
    Which Cover?
    I ran into a usb today to check and see if they had The Rainbow Promise by Lisa Gregory. They didn't. Since I don't make it to this usb often I ended up browsing around... yeah you are all shocked I know.


    The store is grand and she has old books. You should see how far back she goes on her Harlequin lines. It makes me squeee! They had a copy of Windflower by Laura London. As you may or may not recall I own this book already (found it at a library sale for a quarter) but I knew someone else was looking for it (taramarie maybe?).


    So for $1.50 I couldn't pass up buying a Hard to Find book. Now my problem is which one do I keep? Neither have the original cover, which honestly I am not fond of...



    So do I want the first reissue
    <-------------



    Or do I want the second reissue
    -------------->


    Personally I like the one on the right but there is just something about an old romance novel with the old style cover.


    If it wasn't for the fact I will have to pack up all these books soon (well and the money thing) I would have bought some old Dorothy Garlock books the other day just because they were in such great shape and had the cheesy old covers.


    I so can't make up my mind. Because really, the cover on the left is bad.

    Labels: , ,

    3 Comments:
    1. Well, if it's any consolation, the chick doesn't look like her boobs could be floatation devices and the guy has a Sawyer-ish (from LOST) look ;)

      Cindy

      By Blogger CindyS, at 11/05/2006 12:03:00 AM  

    2. My copy is the re-release and I like the cover...but I have to say, for an old-style bodice-ripper cover, the original isn't bad at all. :-D

      Is that damning by faint praise? I really like the Jolly Roger over their heads!

      By Blogger C2, at 11/05/2006 01:06:00 PM  

    3. Oh damn! Crappy blogger. I just had this long comment and it crapped out! Dang! Basically I said that I'd keep the one that's in the best condition. But as long as the book is older, I don't mind the cheesy covers. It's when books are released today that have those nasty covers that I get annoyed.

      By Blogger Kristie (J), at 11/05/2006 03:52:00 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home