My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    3/11/2005
    Lord Ruin by Carolyn Jewel
    I have way too many books to read so to take one down and do a reread would just be wrong.

    I am trying to fight the reread. The book in question is Lord Ruin by Carolyn Jewel.

    When I finished the book I reread it because I was confused on a few points and thought I had skimmed something or misread something. Then I checked out the authors website and decided that it was a great book with a bad editor.

    One of the main questions, that still bugs me to this day, was brought up today on AAR's review message board

    Did Ruan screw his mistress (katie) after he was married? I vote no, cuz well honestly that would really piss me off and make me hate a book I like. Yes I am odd.

    So what do you think? Have you read the book? Do you remember it? Did you like it?
    2 Comments:
    1. I read that one, but when I think back about it, the main thing I can remember about reading it is being confused. You said it, bad editor.

      By Blogger Rosario, at 3/14/2005 07:27:00 AM  

    2. Re LORD RUIN Yes, I was very confused by the ending of the kidnapping plot. Anne, whose hands are tied behind her, has gotten her hands on a knife. She kneels, facing the villain. ""With both hands tight around the hilt, blindly she brought the blade down with all the force her aching arms could muster" And did what? Stabbed herself in the behind? A competent editor would have made Jewel change this. And then there is the fact that we are not directly told what Ruan's last name is. Although on page 72, it is mentioned in passing that there are "holdovers from the days when the Bettencourt titles had not yet included the dukedom", so I deduce that he is, in fact, Ruan Bettencourt. But I had to reread the book to work it out.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/01/2006 01:04:00 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home