My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    4/07/2005
    Oath of ... by Marly Chance
    Oath of Seduction: Seducing Sharon is a story I bought by chance ;). It was in The Best of Ellora's Cave along with The Switch by Diane Whiteside. I had just read The Switch and wanted a 'paper' copy of it. So I glance at the first story, it didn't seem all that and I put the book in a pile.

    When I finally got to moving books around to make room for new books I came across this again. I started it, probably trying to avoid cleaning. I loved it. The set up is basically an alien world (planet Shimerian) is dying out due to lack of women. So to prove that earth girls are easy females are 'encouraged' to register to become mates for the Shimerian (alien) males. Many didn't get called in fact so few did Sharon didn't think she would, something like 1 in 20,000 get picked. Once an Earth female reached the age of 30 or married an Earth male, she was removed from the register.

    Yes you can guess what happens...

    Once you are called there are three different 'oaths' the mates can take for their courtship, Seduction, Challenge, or Capture. Yes sharon goes for Seduction. Lucky girl. The characters are interesting and the world Marly Chance makes with Shimerian is creative and fun. This was the third EC book I had read and liked it.

    So once it was done my happy self hopped onto the net to find the next book and YAY it was out...

    Oath of Challenge: Capturing Kate was out in print so I was going to get walden's to order it if they didn't have it but before I made it over there I ended up at a ubs that rents EC books. I tried to buy it but the owner wouldn't let me :(. I ended up in the store for a few hours and in the end rented the book so I could read it NOW. I figured it was cheaper than downloading it then buying the print copy (which I have done with two other EC books).

    Well turns out I was glad I only paid 2 bucks for it. I didn't like it at all. Kate is of course Sharon's best friend. And the hot shot, smartass, in control chick of the pair. She picked challenge (yes you prolly figured that out). The book was boring. And really we didn't even get to see most of their weeks together - the time just passes. I like erotica. But the whole part of picking 'challenge' was Tair was suppose to work for it! He was suppose to challenge her body, interest, heart, mind whatever... and well hell he didn't get my interest not sure how I can believe he got hers.

    There is suppose to be a third book in the series Oath Of Capture: Capturing Cass. I would still like to read it, so far we have one great and one ack. So I still have hope. But I see no release date!
    2 Comments:
    1. I have the first one as an ebook, but couldn't get into it. Maybe I'll give it another chance. Also, in case you didn't know, EC sells their print books through an Ebay shop and the shipping is free.

      By Blogger Nicole, at 4/08/2005 01:30:00 PM  

    2. Hee I didn't know that! Well hell I will check that next time. I am lazy and hate to make it out to the mall.

      By Blogger sybil, at 4/08/2005 03:54:00 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home