My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    7/21/2005
    Passion by Lisa Valdez
    Lea Hensley's review of Passion at AAR is pretty on spot with what I thought.

    I would rate it more of an A or at least a B+ than I would a B but I still have trouble with the whole grade thang.

    I was surprised at how much I enjoyed the story. For a first time author, trying her hand at a romance with a heavy touch of sex thrown in the mix, Lisa Valdez does really well. I would say she is sort of a mix of emma holly and (older) susan johnston. The heroine's name is Passion, which I had a eh moment with, but I got over it quickly.

    Lea does a great summary so I won't redo it, just follow the link ;).

    I still don't get the screen thing, they are in a furniture room at the Crystal Palace going at it like bunnies behind a screen. How can people not hear something...

    I really enjoyed Mark and Passion's story and look forward Patience the next story in the trilogy.

    A word of warning the love scenes are graphic with cocks and cunts aplenty and it can be slightly purple but not in a bad way. Mark loves Passion and once he knows it, he isn't afraid to tell her. The sex, the plot and the character development all mix together well and make for a pretty tight story.

    Someone had asked, What is Purple. I think LLB says it best here

    Labels:

    4 Comments:
    1. I haven't read either Emma Holly or Susan Johnston. Have you read Shannon McKenna or Angela Knight? If so, how does Lisa Valdez compare to them as far as explicitness?

      By Blogger Alyssa, at 7/22/2005 11:37:00 AM  

    2. hmmm

      in steam I would say on the level...

      but there isn't the sense of suspense you get with a McKenna or paranormal you get from Knight.

      I *think* you would enjoy it. You are welcome to borrow mine ;).

      By Blogger sybil, at 7/23/2005 01:11:00 PM  

    3. I've just about finished Passion. It's about as hot as I've read so far, but I have enjoyed it quite a bit. And I'm looking forward to the next book too. I'd give it a B+.

      By Blogger Kristie (J), at 7/24/2005 06:39:00 PM  

    4. Yay glad to hear someone else enjoyed it.

      By Blogger sybil, at 7/25/2005 12:51:00 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home