My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    1/26/2006
    What do you do with....
    your Romantic Times BOOKclub magazine

    I have a huge stack of them! I hate to throw them away because uh I have no idea why. But... but what if I throw them out and then I NEED them! Then what? But I can't come up with a reason to keep them, everything in them would be online now. Right? Of course looking at the price on them, and the fact that most are half read, I am wondering why I even bought them.

    So help my packratself and give me a reason to keep them ;). If you do keep them, how do you keep them?

    Hey I might in up all organized before we know it. I say looking at books still on my floor. le sigh... I should go ahead and get the trash bag for when angie comes in here and tell me to trash em.
    10 Comments:
    1. I have kept all of mine for the last...four years. I've moved them at least 4 times in those four years. But I continue to hold on to them. Don't ask me why. I have them in magazine holders (the upright ones, black) like the library uses for their back issues. You can usually get one year of magazines in one holder. Then I put them on the top of a book shelf.

      I will say, in all four years, there are only two issues I've gone back to look at.

      By Blogger Angela James, at 1/26/2006 07:33:00 AM  

    2. Why don't you pick a time each month and go through a few and tear out any articles you find interesting and then toss them?
      Says she who keeps all her Woman's Day and Family Circle.

      By Blogger Nicole, at 1/26/2006 09:33:00 AM  

    3. Angie: I am shocked! I figured you would be the toss it type ;). Damn! I think I tossed two mag rack thingies in the last move. I had forgotten that but I do believe the are pretty cheap or at least you can get them for lil money. Good idea.

      Nicole: I always say I will do that with my mag's and then never do, hell I have a years worth of Health sitting with some of them not even opened. BUT lil sis has some homework due in P.E. (I SO don't recall having homework in PE!) and she has to do a poster or something about ways to live healthy. So keeping them will come in handy ;).

      See what I mean... who knew ;). And I can see how Woman's Day and Family Circle could someday come in handy but really would you be able to recall what month of what year whatever was in? hee

      By Blogger sybil, at 1/26/2006 11:10:00 AM  

    4. I hang on to mine for about a year and then try to pawn them off on someone else. Last time I weeded them out I sent them to an online bud who didn't have a subscription for RT at the time. She got one for Christmas though, so I'm not sure what I'll do now. Probably donate them to the library and we'll sell them for a dime a piece in our used bookstore....

      For some reason I have a hard time throwing them away.

      By Blogger Wendy, at 1/26/2006 11:52:00 AM  

    5. They are in a bin in the potty...

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/26/2006 03:12:00 PM  

    6. I get 'em, read 'em, and toss 'em (in the recycling bin, natch.) Have you ever gone back to read an article or look up a review? Once I realized I never did, my decision was easy.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/26/2006 06:39:00 PM  

    7. Wendy: You know since I like to go to library sales you would think I would think of donating but I hadn't. Good idea.

      Anon: it took me a min to figure that out... I always laugh when I see magazine rack things in the potty room ;).

      PD: uh no, but you never know! I could tomorrow. Maybe...

      By Blogger sybil, at 1/26/2006 07:55:00 PM  

    8. This is where I chime in and say I never buy them. I bought one once and I have no idea where it went too.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/27/2006 06:48:00 AM  

    9. I understand, Sybil. I'll never read 99 percent of the books I own, but I refuse to get rid of them. Who is to say a person can't feel the same way about RT magazine?

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/27/2006 08:43:00 AM  

    10. Kristie: I need to either stop buying them or order a script.

      P. Devi: but the things is I agree with you ;). I just need to fight my packratness.

      By Blogger sybil, at 1/28/2006 06:48:00 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home