My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    2/03/2006
    Amazon Take Two
    I noticed the other day that Sylvia Day has a plog up on amazon. uh which yes I bought yesterday, I blame the computer being broke. I need to stay home for like a week or two and just read.

    What the fuck is a plog you ask? Well amazon sez:
    Your Amazon.com Plog is a personalized web log that appears on your customer home page. Every person's Plog is different (hence the name) and just like a blog, your Plog is sorted in reverse chronological order. Each post also gives you the opportunity to provide feedback to the sender as to whether you liked the post or not. This feedback loop means your Plog becomes even more relevant and interesting over time. Your Plog will appear if you are logged into our web site and is visible only to you.

    Authors with at least one book for sale on Amazon.com are eligible to participate in Amazon Connect. To learn more about the program and to sign up, visit www.amazon.com/connect.


    sooooooo

    1. Why do we need this?

    2. Do we want the author to give feedback on feedback?

    3. With author blogs, websites, plogs, checking their stats, oh and WRITING. Where in the hell are they going to get the time?

    OR is this to take place of a blog? Does this make it easier on the author? I am not sure why, but I don't think I like it. I don't want to see the author hanging at amazon thanking people for buying their book. I don't want amazon filled with questions about the book, I want to go to their websites for that. I really don't want to see authors going at it with anon's about how much their book didn't suck.

    But maybe I am wrong and just need to get use to the change of it?

    Jordan Summers blogged about this recently and has some interesting views. Authors should think on PBW's post because I think it is on the money.
    3 Comments:
    1. seems dumb to me but then I'm just cynical that way.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/03/2006 08:48:00 PM  

    2. That would be one of my favorite things about you :)

      By Blogger sybil, at 2/03/2006 08:51:00 PM  

    3. I'm not feeling the plog idea.

      By Blogger Samantha, at 2/03/2006 09:01:00 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home