My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    2/03/2006
    kristiej strikes again
    while waiting to get back some edits and because I am an idiot, I went to a library sale...

    Now I say I am an idiot because I read it was on the 18th. But for some reason this just didn't register.

    So after driving 20 mins away and it clicking that today is the 3! I decided to go to the main office of my favorite ubs.

    Sooooooooooo while I was there... looking for a Lisa Gregory rec of xina's. What did I find? But a Tom & Sharon Curtis novel. Kristie has mentioned Tom & Sharon Curtis a few hundred times and I knew there was one I wanted. I thought it had Lightning in the title (It does: Lightning That Lingers)and I knew it wasn't Sunshine and Shadow. But this wasn't the book... it is Windflower. So I am now the owner of one more books that wasn't on the wishlist I need to some day read. I am some what shocked Kristie hadn't mentioned it since it is a PIRATE book.

    My mom would flip. She is currently pissed at me because she showed up yesterday out of the blue and of course the books are still not put up. She started making noise about... if I could SALE my books. I was unhooking my computer, stressed and not in a good mood. I think she stayed a total of 3 mins.

    Back to kristie... another author she has rec'ed to me is Connie Rinehold aka Eve Byron. So now I am the owner of my fourth CR novel: More Than Just a Night it gets to join the other three tbr... Forever and a Day, Letters From a Stranger and Unspoken Vows.

    oohhhhhhhhhhhh and I forgot...
    this isn't kristie's fault :)

    They had a copy of.... guess! You would never guess. It was very hard to not sqqqqeee and jump up and down in the store. But filed under the 'L' was

    Lord of Desire by Nicole Jordan

    mine mine mine mine for a buck....

    OH and I also picked up:
    Tangled Destinies by Diana Blayne
    mostly because I thought that was one of the names Diana Palmer wrote under. It is... but it is the first copy from 1986 not the Candlelight Ecstasy Romance Series reprint.

    And I got:
    Outlaw's Bride by Maureen McKade, Notorious Deception by Adrenne Basso (almost have her whole backlist)

    I put Dangerous Waters by Amy Fetzer on hold but I think I shall just go ahead and get it.

    And this doesn't count the books I got yesterday while the computer was sick.
    8 Comments:
    1. It might be time to get help for your addiction. lmao

      Okay, not that I'm really in any position to say a WORD!

      By Blogger Angela James, at 2/03/2006 03:47:00 PM  

    2. addiction is such an ugly word...

      I think of it has a rescue mission, to give homes to all the poor unloved romance novels of the world.

      what? go with it...

      By Blogger sybil, at 2/03/2006 05:38:00 PM  

    3. ha ha ha. I'm just as addicted to buying books. I can't go into town without swinging by a bookstore. It's very bad. Specially since i have about 40 books sitting on my TBR shelf at the moment.

      By Blogger Samantha, at 2/03/2006 09:02:00 PM  

    4. I laugh at your 40!

      hee I keep meaning to post a tbr on the other blog where reviews shall go. But I am ashamed at how many there would be....

      By Blogger sybil, at 2/03/2006 09:08:00 PM  

    5. *scratching my head at the enormous oversight* What I've never mentioned Windflower in one of my "praise of all things pirate" ramblings? I am agog! I am agast! This is one of the best ones going. Well no wonder Tom and Sharon haven't written then. I have slighted them.
      Letters From a Stranger. Now there would be a good one for Angie's challenge hint hint. And see!!! There was a reason why you lost the Jordon book earler. So you wouldn't have to pay shipping.

      By Blogger Kristie (J), at 2/03/2006 10:39:00 PM  

    6. wwwwwweeeeeeelllllllll

      I didn't search your site... so maybe it is there ;)

      NO that was a western, Wildstar

      AND they had three. The ebay I WON and paid a whole .75 less than I would have at the store. Yes I feel shame.

      By Blogger sybil, at 2/03/2006 10:44:00 PM  

    7. I think you are right - I haven't mentioned Windflower. And see how much attention I pay. I knew there was a Jordon - but I thought you lost out on it.

      By Blogger Kristie (J), at 2/03/2006 11:06:00 PM  

    8. hee

      yep Wildstar I lost while the computer was jacking off

      This is a shiek story, really not one of my top omgtoomuchmoney Jordan's to get. I want want want The Savage and Wildstar but I will so not cough at having this one ;).

      By Blogger sybil, at 2/03/2006 11:10:00 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home