My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    2/13/2006
    ?? on RSS Feed, pop-up and tags... and general rambling
    I would like to be able to update a post with info without needing to redo the whole thing.

    So like in the case of the post I just moved In The Bed of a Duke, I would like to add reviews to the bottom as they happen. Mainly because I like the pictures but don't want to have to keep reposting them.

    1. My question to you guys is, does this fuck anything up on your end? I have been doing it over the last few days and no one has mentioned it being a pain in their ass. Like with the bloglines type stuff, I ask because someone said they were having issue and reloading a page a few types and was sorry to the RSS feed people. I wasn't sure what they were sorry for ;). So I wanted to make sure no one was silently suffering for my laziness.


    2. I turned off the pop up comments a while ago because I didn't see a need to have to wait for a box to pop up to comment. And it wasn't until Karen mentioned it today that I thought about the fact that I do post a lot of question type posts and pop up boxes might be useful.

    Of course if this doesn't work out for you, let me know. I won't be able to make everyone happy and well it can't annoy me ;). But if I don't have issue with it and it makes it easier on the person commenting or viewing or whatever. Let me know.

    3. I really wish I could do tags but I don't think that is a blogger thing. I have noticed people using technorati tags. Is that easy to sign up for? And does it cost? Cuz I bes cheap.

    I want to focus on reviews (duh), upcoming romance novels (as in a list), MY personal want list, romance lines, and posts of books (one per post) that I want and will most likely review.

    A. I also need to figure out how to update my index of reviews, which I will put links to all reviews - if they are AAR Reviews they will just go to AAR and decision of an AAR Review should go to the AAR Review Message Board.

    B. And would like to do a reader blog post and a author blog post where one link would show on the sideboard but open to a post with lots. Not sure what is the best way to go about this.

    I am also playing with a promo day for series/category books. Like every Wednesday I would post a series/category of any type Desire, Blaze, HH whatever that I am interested in, another reader emails in, or the author sends. Would it up sales? Probably not but hey it is free and it makes me sad that AAR had such a hard time getting votes for category romances.

    LOL which of course that idea lead to I should do the same for ebooks because they are popular but not always known authors or even publishers.

    But those last two are ideas I am still thinking of... and of course if you email me with a heads up about your book or a book your favorite author is coming out with, I might read it and review it. And I am not saying that will always be a good review - just honest, fair and my own opinion.

    Yes I put too much thought into my blog and no I don't want to be a writer. But I want to get whatever I want to do set into place so it is easy for me to do. Since I also need to get a job.

    **when the phone rings in the middle of typing a post... always hit DRAFT - oy
    6 Comments:
    1. i find that the pop ups are easier when the post is kinda long and theres a lot I want to comment on. It takes a lot for me to remember all the points I wanted to make and I need to refer back.

      What do you mean you want to add info to a post without redoing the whole thing? You redoing an entry shouldn't make a difference on the reader's end.
      I'm pretty sure I was the one who apologized to the rss people because I kept rebuilding my entry. What I meant was if you're reading via rss, everytime you rebuild a post, depending on the rss reader someone is using, it might register each rebuild as a new entry. which clearly isnt true.

      there is a blogger hack for categories using del.icio.us. Don't know how easy/hard it is to install.

      And would like to do a reader blog post and a author blog post where one link would show on the sideboard but open to a post with lots. Not sure what is the best way to go about this.

      this doesn't make sense. And I read it multiple times.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/13/2006 08:12:00 PM  

    2. YAY are you on?

      By Blogger sybil, at 2/13/2006 08:47:00 PM  

    3. hmph I couldn't have scared you away that fast!

      I think I will stick with the pop ups.

      By add info I mean going into edit a post already done. Look up... like that one ;). And linking to a new excerpt or review and then changing the date and time so it throws it back up top. - is that what you are saying can double for those on RSS feeds?

      By reader blog post and author post I mean... A post with reader blog links with the date of say Jan 01 2000 and linking that to the side bar where the blog links are now. Then doing the same thing for Author Blogs...

      Would that work?

      By Blogger sybil, at 2/13/2006 09:19:00 PM  

    4. Technorati tags are easy to use & free once you register & log your blogs. THey have a lot of helpful tips etc. posted on their site. I really enjoy it!

      By Blogger Bob & Muffintop, at 2/14/2006 09:55:00 AM  

    5. lol no you didn't scare me away, my computer died just at that moment. Stupid non charging battery...

      The way you described the reader blog thing just now should work.

      If you change the timestamp on a post you edit it probably will show up as a new entry for rss people but people who come to your site directly probably wont notice.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/14/2006 10:26:00 AM  

    6. Thanks Amanda... I think I first noticed it on your blog ;). I shall go play around there later.

      LOL ok Jay then when I get ready to do it you can help me :).

      By Blogger sybil, at 2/14/2006 11:14:00 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home