My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    4/26/2006
    Blaze goes Sybil and I don't mean that in a good way
    I mean that in the movie way not me way...

    The ever wonderful jordan posts about about romance and romantica and updates us on some finding from the Desert Dreams Conference.

    Jordan writes
    I'm going to start with Brenda Chin's talk about what Harlequin Blaze has in store over the next year and a half. First let me say that Brenda is extremely patient with confused authors. No, I won't elaborate. *g* Blush. Now to the good stuff. Harlequin plans to add Temptations' Wrong Bed to the Blaze lineup. They are also going to continue 24hrs and add Secret Santa, Valentine's Curse, Under-construction (think Lucky Vanos (sp) in the diet Coke commercial), Forbidden Fantasies, Adrenaline Rush (action/adventures), Desperate Housewives, and a 'Just' series.

    As if action/adventures weren't cool enough, starting this year Blaze is going to release Gothics (written in 1st and 3rd person), a series called Perfect Timing (time-travels), Vampires, and a 'Ground Hog Day' (where the day repeats) sort of book. If these books do well, they will continue to buy more.

    I'll be honest, I was jazzed after listening to this talk. Brenda said she wants people to stop thinking about Blaze as a category line. She wants stories that read like single titles. The fact they're open to first and third person POV in the same book is fantastic. Did I mention paranormals? Oh yeah.
    I can see how that is nifty for a writer but as a reader... well I don't think it is so nifty.

    And I haven't completely wrapped my arms around why yet. I agree the category seems to be in trouble. But isn't Blaze a line that is doing well? Or isn't it? To my readerself, when I pick up a Blaze I want a hot, a fast paced read and one heavy on character. Why do away with the Temptation line to try and push it into a Blaze format? Why do Blaze Chick-lit when there are other lines this fits into.

    It is just me? Do other readers want a potluck Blaze? Will there be a different logo for each Blaze category? Will the line be a category within a category?

    speaking of new Harlequins....

    I want
    Tease by Suzanne Forster. Since I am broker than broke and don't see being about to get this any times soon, anyone have a good Suzanne Forster rec of a past book? In case you haven't seen, Spice has a sale going on Buy 1 get the second 1/2 price

    And regardless of how good this is, do we need or want 13 dollar Harlequins?


    I still want
    The Texan's Forbidden Affair by Peggy Moreland. le sigh, same as above, anyone have a good Peggy Moreland rec of a past book? Lucky for me the closest Half Price Books to me sells all there Harq. books for a DOLLAR! So I am hoping this one shows up soon.


    I want as well
    Wed Under Western Skies by Carolyn Davidson and Jenna Kernan and Cheryl St.John. I am hoping Wendy reads it soon and doesn't want to keep it. And wants to send it to me ;).


    I also need
    From the First by Jessica Bird.


    And in cool news
    And in cool news Sarah McCarty sold a new four-book vampire series to Leslie Wainger at Harlequin HQN. Wonder if it is going to be a Blaze, Spice or what...


    So what happens? Somehow I get signed up for Harlequins reader service, still not sure WHICH one and what free books do I get sent? Leaving Normal and You've Got Male yeah, I need to send these back cuz fuckital if I am gonna be on the reader service it needs to be HH, Spice or Blaze (depending on what happens with this).
    2 Comments:
    1. Well, I'm sitting here scratching my head over the Blaze info. Why not simply just publish them as single titles outside any line?

      By Blogger Bev (BB), at 4/26/2006 06:31:00 AM  

    2. If she sold to HQN, Sarah's stories are single-titles. HQN is Harlequin's single-title imprint.

      I have no problems with Blaze going for different ideas. After all, the only thing that it's advertised right now as is a sexy story. I'd say that leaves room for plenty more. Just straight contemps gets boring after awhile.

      By Blogger Nicole, at 4/26/2006 07:29:00 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home