My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    4/15/2006
    A Year in Review... sort of 1995


    1995 RRA-L Romance Awards Winners
    no nominees announced that year... ***click the saint for the list***


    Best Short Series Romance
    Surrender the Dark by Donna Kaufman Bantam Loveswept

    Best Long Series Romance
    The Morning Side of Dawn by Justine Davis Silhouette Intimate Moments
    ***I am thinking I should look into some of these...

    Best Contemporary Single Title
    Heaven, Texas by Susan Elizabeth Phillips Avon

    Best Historical Single Title
    Only Love by Elizabeth Lowell Avon
    ***YES! but I like Only His best! These are wonderful wonderful westerns! And I need to blog more about them if I haven't. Looks at list... of course I need to figure out how to add to my index of reviews as well...

    Best Regency Romance
    The Vampire Viscount by Karen Harbaugh Signet
    nope but have two others by her...

    Best Romantic Suspense/Mystery/Adventure
    Dream Man by Linda Howard
    TBR

    Best Alternative Realities Romance
    Knight of a Trillion Stars by Dara Joy
    ***I have and I liked... although I have two Dara Joy books pulled down to reread and/or skim (more on that later when I post that list)

    Best Time Travel
    Until Forever by Johanna Lindsey
    ***I want to say I have read this... but I don't have it anymore.

    Best Love and Laughter
    Basket of Wishes by Rebecca Paisley
    ***written down as to find per you guys

    Best All-Around 1995 Romance
    Waiting for the Moon by Kristin Hannah
    ***nope have Handful of Heaven, If You Believe and When Lightning Strikes tbr
    ------------------------------
    RRA-L AUTHOR AWARDS
    Best Contemporary Author
    Nora Roberts
    Best Historical Romance Author
    Judith McNaught
    Best Series/Category Author
    Jennifer Crusie
    Best All-Around Romance Author
    Nora Roberts
    ------------------------------
    nothing new here....

    BEST ROMANCE CLASSICS

    Best Classic Historical
    Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
    **bah

    Best Classic Contemporary
    Sarah's Child by Linda Howard Silhouettte Special Edition
    *******has been added to the list to be read from tara's rec

    Best Classic All-Around Favorite
    Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
    **bah

    Best Classic Regency
    Devil's Cub by Georgette Heyer
    **never read her... but read something funny on Foley's site about she use to put fake facts in her books to show how authors copied instead of researched? Anyone know anything about that? I was amused.

    Best Classic Series Romance
    MacKenzie's Moutain by Linda Howard Silhouette Intimate Moments
    **still a yay

    Best Classic All-Around Romance Author
    Nora Roberts
    **bah

    Best Romance Cover
    Dream Man by Linda Howard
    **tbr
    3 Comments:
    1. Even after all this time, it's still the same names popping up.

      By Blogger Karen Scott, at 4/15/2006 04:17:00 AM  

    2. The 'Only' series is one of the few Western set romances I've read & enjoyed.

      I like Karen Harbaugh's newer books, but didn't care for this one.

      I second Karen Scott's comment about how things don't appear to be changing on the favorites lists.

      By Blogger Bob & Muffintop, at 4/15/2006 02:59:00 PM  

    3. yeah.. I figure when I get to post the current year I will be talking to myself

      Put I am ok with that ;).

      I think some names get added. Maybe.

      Dream Man has a big bad? hmmm And I completely agree with Elizabeth Lowell statement. I wonder if she could still do it today. Of course I have no clue what her heroes are like in the recent RS ones.

      By Blogger sybil, at 4/15/2006 03:03:00 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home