My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    4/13/2006
    The Stranger I Married by Sylvia Day
    The Stranger I Married by Sylvia Day has a cover now.

    This is an interesting book and since we have been on the subject of cheating... some what timely. Even though it doesn't hit the shelf until January 2007! I do want to see how Day works the book. And since you do have a heroine who is playing the field as much as the hero, it should make for different reading.

    expand
    Will it work? I don't know... I have a hard time with the whole cheating thing. But I will try anything once. Here is the summary from her site:
    Lady Pelham could not have designed a husband more suited to her needs. The Marquess of Grayson is a dear and enchanting friend and an unrepentant ladies' man. Their union is solid; their hearts safe from one another. But every marriage has its surprises…

    THEY WERE TOGETHER FOR ALL THE WRONG REASONS...

    They are London's most scandalous couple. Isabel, Lady Pelham, and Gerard Faulkner, Marquess of Grayson, are well matched in all things-their lusty appetites, constant paramours, wicked wits, provocative reputations, and their absolute refusal ever to ruin their marriage of convenience by falling in love with one another. Isabel knows such a charming rake will never appeal to her guarded heart, nor will she sway his philandering one. It is a most agreeable sham…until a shocking turn of events sends Gerard from her side.

    Now, four years later, Gerard has come home to Isabel. But the carefree, boyish rogue who left has been replaced by a brooding, powerful, irresistible man who is determined to seduce his way into her affections. Gone is the devil-may-care companion who shared her friendship and nothing more, and in his place is temptation itself... a husband who desires Isabel body and soul and who will stop at nothing to win her love. No, this is not at all the man she had married. But he is the man who might finally steal her heart...
    What do you think? Something you will give a read or pass on from go?
    8 Comments:
    1. The cover so does not go with the blurb, I hate it when that happens.

      The cover definitely has a contemporary feel to it wouldn't you agree?

      By Blogger Karen Scott, at 4/13/2006 04:32:00 PM  

    2. yep you are right it does... you could prolly say the same thing for Ask For It

      but the back with the feather pen gives it more of a historical feel

      Maybe Brava will do the same for this one?

      By Blogger sybil, at 4/13/2006 04:39:00 PM  

    3. I agree that the cover seems off (it's not a bad cover, just...different than I expected, I think) but I'm definitely looking forward to this one.

      I don't know that cheating will be an issue, as they're both doing it by arrangement, and it sounds like it's all in the past? It will be different if they are still sleeping with others after his return, but from the blurb I can't see it raising too many hackles.

      By Blogger meljean brook, at 4/13/2006 05:47:00 PM  

    4. Hey Meljean... you so owe me an email. Just saying ;).

      I am not sure but sylvia did comment in the OPP thread yes the title amuses me is that surprising at all ;).

      So I think it might play into it a bit. But not sure. Maybe she will come explan. HINT HINT...

      By Blogger sybil, at 4/13/2006 05:52:00 PM  

    5. *g* Meljean's spot on.

      The quill image you mentioned, Sybil, is from promotional items I had made up for ASK FOR IT. In reality, the back cover has the same image as the front.

      The title and cover of THE STRANGER I MARRIED are entirely Kate Duffy. In my mind, the hero doesn't look like that. But authors get no say in their covers, as you all know.

      Kate is deliberately going for contemporary feels on the Brava historicals. She was pleased that the TSIM cover looks even less historical than the AFI cover. I'm pleased to have an editor who lets me write the stories I want to write. :) So it works out.

      Especially considering the story I'm writing for her now...

      By Blogger Sylvia Day, at 4/13/2006 07:38:00 PM  

    6. I would so read this because both the H/H seem to be okay with the situation. Hopefully, it doesn't turn out that the guy who comes back isn't really her husband a la Sommersby because that would ruin it for me.

      CindyS

      By Blogger CindyS, at 4/14/2006 12:37:00 AM  

    7. sylvia you are a tease...

      Why go for a contemp feel when it is a historical? Isn't she worried about people picking it up expecting one thing and getting another?

      I find that almost always lowers a grade of a book for me. Even if it is a good book, I find myself thinking WTF? That could just be me though :).

      Cindy: I don't think so but I do know we will get something like that from Karen Ranney's next novel... Autumn in Scotland will serve up something like that, in case you change your mind and want to read it!

      By Blogger sybil, at 4/14/2006 12:59:00 AM  

    8. I've no idea, Sybil. Something about the historical market being down.

      No Sommersby. He's the same man, just altered by life. :)

      There's an excerpt up on Access Romance, under "Archives", "Sylvia Day", if anyone is interested.

      By Blogger Sylvia Day, at 4/14/2006 09:04:00 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home