My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    5/21/2006
    EBUZZ: covers

    What is up with all the cartoony ecovers lately? Is that trying to replace the funky pod people covers?


    I can't really say I have liked too many of them but Wicked Payback has a nifty cover. I think I don't like them because I see cartoon and think children. Then again I do like South Park and Family Guy. So uh. hmmm.


    On a different note, I do like Wicked Memories By Maggie Casper cover.


    Anyone read her? I think I have one to try. I am iffy on WM, sounds like it could be another omg I hate all women because this one did me wrong type hero.


    Need review!
    7 Comments:
    1. I lurve daisy's cover! It's very pulp fiction!

      Never read maggie casper but I have picked up a book or two from her partner in crime, lena matthews.

      By Blogger Amie Stuart, at 5/21/2006 08:28:00 PM  

    2. I have Wicked Payback to ebuzz but I have a few ebooks in front of it to review and buzz first.

      But the cover was a big draw for me.

      I do have a Maggie Casper so I shall add them to the bottom of the list unless I hear something about this book.

      By Blogger sybil, at 5/21/2006 08:48:00 PM  

    3. I've read a couple of Maggie Caspar's actually. I think she's an ok writer, although I can't actually remember which of her books I've read, which may be a bad thing.

      By Blogger Karen Scott, at 5/22/2006 04:40:00 AM  

    4. Hi Sybil--I just discovered your blog. Thanks for your comments on Wicked Payback’s cover (and thank you, too, Cece!). I’ve had more compliments on this cover than for any of my books. It’s my personal favorite. Melissa of EC’s art department did a fabulous job and incorporated almost every element I requested. I couldn’t be happier. I’ve even had a number of people tell me they bought for book for the cover alone. :-D

      By Blogger Daisy Dexter Dobbs, at 5/22/2006 09:54:00 AM  

    5. Then go get it and read it karen and tell me if it is any good.

      Hey DDD :)
      It is a great cover.

      By Blogger sybil, at 5/23/2006 01:09:00 AM  

    6. I have read every thing that Maggie Casper has written, both solo and with writing partner Lena Matthews. I have yet to be disappointed in any story. I would suggest Maverick's Black Cat co written with Lena Matthews from Ellora's Cave in ebook and print format. Or, Maggie's O'Malley series about three extremely alpha brothers. They will make you sizzle.

      Natasha Smith,
      Romance Junkies

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/28/2006 08:50:00 PM  

    7. Hi, I've read Wicked Memories and loved it. Ryder is definitely not a man who hates all women. He does have hateful feelings towards Kelly because of a mistake. However Maggie Casper handles it wonderfully. You may think that I'm biased since Maggie is an auto-buy author for me,as is Lena Matthews, but I am a picky reader.
      I highly recommend anything written by both authors.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/29/2006 02:54:00 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home