My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    8/23/2006
    What are my chances that I will like this...

    CAN THE ROGUE WHO WON HER VIRTUE…
    Helen Mansfield’s reckless brother has done the unthinkable, gambling away his sister’s chastity to save his family’s estate. When Helen visits the lodgings of the gentleman who has won her, hoping to make him see reason, she interrupts a carnal scene as outrageous as it is erotic. Luke Westmoreland, the illegitimate son of a duke, is clearly a rogue…and he’s also the most wildly attractive man she has ever met. He offers Helen a new bargain that will give her one more year in her home. But their daily meetings quickly become sizzling lessons in wanton desire…

    TEACH HER THE MEANING OF DESIRE?
    Once branded a smuggler and thief, Luke Westmoreland is now hailed a hero, thanks to an act of bravery at sea. Although he has taken full advantage of the women his fame has enticed, none of the strumpets lining up to share his bed has intrigued Luke as much as beautiful, spirited Helen. Their trysts are abandoned, sensual adventures that deepen into a love neither dares to admit—until another man’s twisted obsession places Helen in danger…


    I have disliked her last two (well not that last last one cuz I haven't read that one). I so wasn't going to get this. Really. I have no power over the purple!

    le sigh... I think candy explains it here. I have no shame and will prolly kick myself later.

    Labels:

    7 Comments:
    1. I read one novel by Holt and that was enough to cure me. Although she had a story in the Burning Up anthology that didn't annoy me. It was totally wallpaper historical - but it didn't annoy me LOL

      By Blogger Wendy, at 8/23/2006 06:59:00 PM  

    2. I liked her first two books, but literally in that order, and the third was downright problemic (lots of skimming). I missed the next couple of releases, then bought the last--which as a DNF. Erotic historicals (a la Lisa Valdez, Emma Holly, Robin Schone, Pam Rosenthal, Carolyn Jewel) are my absolute favourites, so I was disappointed CH didn't work out for me.

      By Blogger vanessa jaye, at 8/23/2006 07:31:00 PM  

    3. Oh, Holt. Just say no sybil.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/23/2006 07:31:00 PM  

    4. I gave in and pre-ordered this book eventhough Holt's previous books were duds. Its hard to let go of an author who used to be a favorite.

      By Blogger erika, at 8/23/2006 08:49:00 PM  

    5. I've only read one of her books...it was okay. I haven't been able to make myself try again. If it ends up being good, let us know.

      Too many good books, too little time!

      By Blogger C2, at 8/23/2006 09:37:00 PM  

    6. Oh - it is a pretty cover, though. :o)

      By Blogger C2, at 8/23/2006 09:37:00 PM  

    7. I liked her first couple of books, but I think she basically writes the same story in all her books.

      Her heroines are uncannily alike too.

      By Blogger Karen Scott, at 8/24/2006 03:33:00 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home