My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    3/16/2005
    Dare Me - Cherry Adair, Jill Shalvis, Julie Elizabeth Leto
    Dare Me really wasn't my kind of book. I picked it up after hearing much of Cherry Adair, and someone's blog talking about how great Jill Shalvis is. Of course now I can't remember who it was. What is another Jill Shalvis rec?

    Honestly it might be Romantic Suspense just isn't my bag baby. And there isn't much I can say about it that Diana Ketterer hasn't already said in her AAR review.

    Each story had an entertaining moment or two but nothing to really hold your interest, and boy did these people do some stupid shit. I wouldn't recommend the book, unless you can find it for a dollar like I did. But even then I am sure you have something better to spend your reading time on.
    4 Comments:
    1. You probably read about Jill Shalvis at my blog, though I haven't read this anthology. I really enjoyed her book Seduce Me, as well as For the Love of Nick, which I read this weekend.

      I'm going to wait to get Dare Me used, since Shalvis is the only one of the three writers I enjoy.

      Alyssa

      By Blogger Alyssa, at 3/17/2005 11:24:00 AM  

    2. I've read two by Shalvis, Her Perfect Stranger, which was ho-hum, and Naughty But Nice, which I liked.

      I did NOT like the Cherry Adair book I read. Take Me, a Harlequin Blaze, was one of my very few Fs.

      By Blogger Rosario, at 3/17/2005 12:51:00 PM  

    3. Yep, I think it was your blog, Alyssa. Since Half Price Books has a 20% off sale going today, tomorrow, and saturday - I shall keep an eye out for Seduce Me or Naughty But Nice.

      Thanks for the rec's guys.

      I am not sure if I will try either of the other two authors again. While at my fave UBS this afternoon, my friend who works there was suprised I didn't like Cherry. I am not sure what it was, well there was the fact that I wanted to hit the chick upside the head for being stupid. The character not the author.

      By Blogger sybil, at 3/17/2005 02:25:00 PM  

    4. I've just started reading Jill Shalvis. I read the first two in her firefighter series. White Heat was OK, and I quite liked Blue Flame. I also just finished her newest series, Free Fall. It was nice and light and just what I wanted when I read it.

      By Blogger Kristie (J), at 3/17/2005 05:50:00 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home