My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    3/14/2005
    Keegan's Lady by Catherine Anderson
    Keegan's Lady is a book I bought because xina rec'ed it. I had stayed far away from Mz Anderson's disability of the week books. But omg I loved this book. Of course I think this was before she found her nitch, because unless you count rape or alcoholism there isn't a disability to be found. Hmmm you know that is a lie, Ace's check is paralyzed.

    I loved Ace. Ace is the fairy tale all hero's are based on. Alpha in the all the ways that can kick ass and take names but beta enough to know when to hold a girl and let her cry.

    yes lets all sigh

    I really don't have a bad thing to say about this book. I didn't get the whole "Keegan's Whore" thing after she had married him. I have always gotten the feel that once you said "I Do" they forgave lil things like offering up yourself for a roll in the hay so the guy doesn't hang your brother.

    And what does one say about Patrick? I mean paddy paddy paddy, he needed AA before there was an AA. If I wasn't some what familiar with the whole alcoholic behaviors, I would have thought the shift of before drunk paddy to drunk paddy to be too much. But really I thought it was handled pretty well.

    And the Keegan men? Happy sigh again, this is a book that so needed a cynsterlike series but from what I can see there aren't any. Hmph, where in the hell is Stephanie Laurens when you need her.

    So my question to you guys, if there is really anyone suffering through my ramblings, does Catherine Anderson have any other westerns along Keegan's Lady lines? I really don't have issue with the disability books but I just find it funny there is like a disability for every brother and can't see reading that with a straight face. That probably makes me a bitch but well.

    If you haven't read this and you like westerns, it is a must. And if Xina rec's something to you, read it, she rocks. I even think it has been rereleased. I like it so much that if I see it in Walmart I will buy it. This used copy looks like it has seen better days.
    3 Comments:
    1. I loved this book too. I don't know what on earth happened to the Catherine Anderson I used to read and love. When she switched to contemporaries, her writing changed drastically. I held out as long as I could since I did love her westerns, but after almost succombing to sugar overload on Only by Your Touch, I haven't been able to read her since.

      By Blogger Kristie (J), at 3/15/2005 06:53:00 PM  

    2. I've read two CA's so far and haven't been able to stomach either for the sweetness.

      But this one sounds good. I may have to give it a try.

      By Blogger Valeen, at 5/29/2006 12:40:00 PM  

    3. Oh do shout if you do! This is my only one so far, I have the sequel ;). BUT love love loved it.

      By Blogger sybil, at 5/29/2006 07:02:00 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home