My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    3/12/2005
    Bad Boys Online and Smart Mouth - Erin McCarthy
    Bad Boys Online was a book I picked up because it was at the ubs when I went to get Smart Mouth.

    Oddly enough I ended up reading BBO first. It was an ok anthology, I would grade it a C. It is the second anthology I have read where all the stories are by the same author (Under Cover by Maryjanice Davidson was the first and it was better).

    Hard Drive was uh hard for me to believe because I can't see anyone reading dirty cybersexish emails at work. They track that shit! And where it is fiction and you need a suspension of belief and all that jazz, I never got past that point. And there is the whole I can prove real life sex is better than cyber sex (duh) idea, which I didn't have a hard time with. BUT he wanted to use the emails to prove it. And well I just thought the idea of taking one mans ideas and performing them as icky.

    User Friendly involved a site being hacked. And the whole time it never dawned on the really smart computer guy to take the site off line while he figured out how to fix it and seduce the chick. I like the friends to lovers theme and the story is better than HD but still just eh.

    Press Any Key had a funny idea of the boss setting up co workers to do an online team building type seminar and screwing up by signing them up for a couple's seminar. Cute idea, could have been done better.

    All in all for a first book it was a cute read, you just had to take out your brain before you started it.

    Smart Mouth I liked much more. Reese Hampton rides a little too close to being a selfish bitch at times but the humor and her fear saves her. That and I think she is really don't see the things she is doing as selfish until the end, and then once she doesn't she owns it. So I can get past it.

    Derek gets a lil close to being a wuss but you forgive him. And the sister is amusing. The relationships we get to see between the sisters and brothers (derek and his sister and Reese and her two brothers) are brief but great. It makes you wonder if anymore books will be coming but I didn't see a mention of sequels at her site.

    Erin McCarthy is a brava author. She has the humor, hot sex and quick writing that makes an enjoyable book. She isn't Maryjanice Davidson and I am trading both of these back in but I enjoyed SM enough to want to read Houston, We Have a Problem.
    1 Comments:
    1. I enjoy McCarthy more than you--I would never take mine back to the UBS. LOL! With Bad Boys Online, for some reason the work setting doesn't put me off, even as I recognize that it isn't realistic. Like you, though, I thought the "acting what someone else has written" is kind of creepy.

      As for MaryJanice Davidson, I tend to like half of her stuff; the problem is that I never know which half it will be until after I read the book. I love the Undead series, though.

      :)
      Alyssa

      By Blogger Alyssa, at 3/15/2005 09:11:00 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home