My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    5/07/2005
    Virgin no more
    Yes it is true, I went to my first library book sale today. I didn't even know that they did these things. Way cool, reminded me of the book sales we used to have in school.

    for $3 bucks I bought:
    The Only One by Christine Feehan, Susan Grant and Susan Squires
    The Deception, The Courtship, Mad Jack and Midnight Start by Catherine Coulter
    Gather the Star by Kimberly Cates (never read her - she any good?)
    My Favorite Bride and Almost Like Being in Love by Christina Dodd (never read her - don't' think I am keeping ALBiL)
    Swept Away by Marsha Canham (goof, I already have this so ubs it goes)
    Rough Wrangler, Tender Kisses by Jill Gregory (never read her)
    Against the Rules, Almost Forever and Cry No More by Linda Howard
    A Brighter Dawn by Stobie Piel (never read her and never heard of her)
    The Calhouns two books Suzanna & Megan and Catherine, Amanda & Lilah by Nora Roberts (never read her)
    Death is Forever by Elizabeth Lowell (never read her RS but I do have The Diamond Tiger which I haven't read either so I figured for 50 cents I should pick it up)
    Nobody's Darling by Teresa Medeiros (I haven't been really impressed by her books but I am a sucker for a western)
    A Stranger's Desire by Kimberly Raye (never read her but I have two of hers on my tbr)
    Sweet Texas Kiss by Rebecca Sinclair (never read her and I needed 2 more to hit 20 books)
    Killer Curves by Roxanne St. Claire (never read her but the review at AAR made it seem worth the look see)
    Underneath It All by Nancy Warren

    3 bucks! I was quite amused with myself. Of course I am still coughing up a lung and had company I left at my apt watching a movie while I ran down the street to look. Yes bad host, but in my defense he was hung over and not moving for the couch and I had already taken my other friend home. I offered to take him with me. So I am not that that bad of a host. well maybe... whatever, it isn't my fault they drank four bottles of wine between them. I did try and help with my glass and a half. But really wine, cough meds and antibiotics don't mix.

    I am going to return to the couch and try and figure out what I am going to frantically get my mother for mommy's day tomorrow and read a book.
    6 Comments:
    1. Oh, I love library sales. Ours have a sale room that's open when the library is. I just got a few books there yesterday. Found The Kite Runner, which I'd been wanting to read, The second Evanovich book, Mrs. Mike (been wanting to find it for myself), and another trade that looked interesting.

      They also had a bunch of Nora Roberts hardcovers and other romance, but I dind't get any. I might go back on Monday since I need to pick up a book I had on hold.

      By Blogger Nicole, at 5/08/2005 09:49:00 AM  

    2. Did you say you've never read Nora Roberts? What about her pen name, JD Robb?

      I think I need to sit down now. I thought Nora Roberts was a staple in the romance reader's diet, at least having read one being a requirement to call yourself a romance reader ;)

      Well anyway, you just gave me an idea for my next blog entry so I guess it's okay! But still... cw is right, don't start with The Calhouns. Please. She has books that rock, some that are okay, and some that suck. If you're only going to read one, read one that rocks. I'll give you a recommendation!

      By Blogger Angela James, at 5/08/2005 11:40:00 AM  

    3. hee I am marking down the other dates in the calendar I keep in my purse ;)

      To my shame I discovered there was another sale yesterday I missed. I would have missed the one I went to but I took sideroad home when one of my friends and I went out to buy wine and he said look book sale. Silly boy was just reading signs and being stupid and I was like "WHAT? where?" wwwwwheeeeeeeeee

      Yes angie never read either robb or roberts. I do have a few ebooks of hers to try and have tried in the past (can't remember titles) but have never found love for her books. But I will try again. Rec me baby ;).

      Nic! I still have your books! I swear I will get them out monday. I haven't forgotten just been sick and whiney.

      The heavens have opened up and it is pouring. Why does this happen when I want to blog hop?

      By Blogger sybil, at 5/08/2005 12:03:00 PM  

    4. I've read most of Kimberly Cates books. She's kind of a hit and miss, more hits than misses. She's another author who switched to contemps. I read the first one but passed after that. FWIW Gather the Stars was her best hit for me. Wonderful Beta hero.

      By Blogger Kristie (J), at 5/08/2005 05:29:00 PM  

    5. Angie, I have never read an actual Nora Roberts book, though I've read the JD Robb books. I've never read Linda Howard either. Or Amanda Quick/JAK except for her silly futuristic romances.

      By Blogger Nicole, at 5/08/2005 06:29:00 PM  

    6. Library sales--the best! You can always find a prize for next to nothing.

      One of the libraries in our area has a "books swap" shelves and shelves of paperbacks free for the taking, just leave one in it's place.

      Another has .25 paperbacks all the time.

      By Blogger Tara Marie, at 5/09/2005 10:01:00 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home