My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    6/02/2005
    breaking all the rules
    It is sad that I spent less money today buying envelopes and bubble wrap than I have on all the prebubbled envelopes I have bought to send out books in the last two months.

    Tis my laziness, it was easier to pick up the 1.39 envelope at the post office place than drive to walmart and pick up supplies. Cause god knows I am never at walmart. Speaking of bubble wrap - why do we bubble wrap books? I mean they aren't going to break. Is it to keep them from getting wet? I just did it cuz I thought I was suppose to but when I stopped to think about it, I couldn't figure out why. No you wouldn't want to live in my head, why do you ask?

    hee and while at wal-mart I bought:
    Renegade by Diana Palmer
    Yes I bought a diana palmer book. And I will keep it too because it is the sequel to my beloved Lawless. It is cool, the ubs I go to all the time rents hardbacks. And when I mentioned I was going to sell my hb to half price cuz the paperback was finally out she asked to buy it. So instead I am going to get to rent the new DP for free, don't have to look for it used to buy the hb and I get rid of a hb I don't want. win win baby win win

    The Bodyguard by Geralyn Dawson was a book I was going to wait on. I was going to try and read a few that I have by her before spending money buying her new. Why do I set rules for myself? It is just like saying here is a sure fire way you are going to do the exact opposite.

    OMG I found a book store with No Greater Love by Katherine Kingsley. Oh yes it will be mine. I will just have to drive fucking 40 mins to go get it but hey, new bookstore I have only been in once! So go me.

    In other used book news, I am the happy owner of The Pleasure Slave by Gena Showalter (I blame beverly) and Crazy for You by Kate Angell (no idea who to blame for this one).

    I so need new shelves.
    3 Comments:
    1. . It is cool, the ubs I go to all the time rents hardbacks. And when I mentioned I was going to sell my hb to half price cuz the paperback was finally out she asked to buy it. So instead I am going to get to rent the new DP for free, don't have to look for it used to buy the hb and I get rid of a hb I don't want.

      This is like complete gibberish to me - I'm so confused and I read it like 4 times!! You can rent hardcover books? And you're going to take a HC book you already have, sell it to the ubs people then rent the next book in paperback?

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/03/2005 09:27:00 AM  

    2. I read that Sybil's going to get it in paperback, but because she bought it in hardback (didnt want to wait to read it), she's going to now sell it to the bookstore that rents HBs so they will have it instead of Sybil selling it to Half-Price books.

      Erm...correct me if I'm wrong.

      By Blogger Nicole, at 6/03/2005 09:30:00 AM  

    3. hee

      yes nicole wins the prize of being able to read sybilish

      I have the hardback of Renegade but am not keeping it. I am 'selling' it to the ubs.

      The ubs rents some new hardback, they don't get them all.

      They are getting the new DP, uh the name I still can't remember.

      I am getting to rent it for free as my payment for selling them Renegade (which people have been asking for). Which rocks because I would have either given in and bought it new or bought the hb used and then had to get rid of it when the paperback comes.

      I hate hardback, don't ask I don't know why. Just do.

      By Blogger sybil, at 6/03/2005 09:41:00 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home