My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    5/31/2005
    In the Wake of the Wind by Katherine Kingsley
    It was Amanda's review of this book made me want to read it.

    Yes I know Amanda's review wasn't that great but hey one person's wallbanger is another's keeper. The part that caught my eye was
    ... Aiden confesses all to an innocent maid in a wood the day before his marriage


    I was interested to see how the author tried to come back from that big of a screw up on the heros part. It is one thing to think your betrothed doesn't want you, it is another thing to have him tell you point blank. Even if he doesn't know he is telling 'you'.

    So you start the book with the bride all happy happy joy joy about the wedding and the groom facing death, to have the wedding happen, and completely turn that around. The thing I didn't understand was Aiden was happy with who his bride was and figured out pretty quickly she wasn't at all what he had been told. He knows he got the better end of the deal and feels for her but god damn if he is gonna fall in love with the chit.

    Marry her - sure
    be faithful to her - sure (as long as she is warming his bed)
    create a home with her - sure
    use her money to pay off his debt - sure

    but love? eh? What is this four letter word you speak of? God save me from the rake afraid of lurve. whatever...

    The other thing that completely rang false was when Aiden found out what Auntie and the Serafina's maid had been up to, to uh... get him up. I really would have expected more of a reaction from a man, any man, when he found out he was being drugged. Then again I would have expected him to throw out sister dear on her ear when he found out about her lies.

    So does the book have its faults, sure, but all in all I found it an enjoyable read and am looking forward to my next Kingsley. And of course after I finished this and started googling I remembered that meljean has great love for No Greater Love. So that has been added to the list, beta hero and all ;).
    4 Comments:
    1. Hey Sybil. I tried to find an email address on your blog but couldn't find it.

      I have a number of Katherine Kingsley books but don't remember them much.
      No wait, I just checked out Maljean's review and I do remember this book. And I did like it!! Quite a bit in fact.

      I'm still waiting for "skeet" :)
      My e-mail address if you want is:
      jenner2@rogers.com

      By Blogger Kristie (J), at 5/31/2005 09:16:00 PM  

    2. Kristie:

      I have emailed you ;)

      cw
      if I run across two copies I will grab you one.

      By Blogger sybil, at 6/01/2005 12:14:00 AM  

    3. Hehe -- cw, I would lend you my copy, but I guard it jealously :D

      By Blogger meljean brook, at 6/01/2005 05:42:00 PM  

    4. tease

      they will be mine

      oh yes they will be

      I just need to hunt them down.

      By Blogger sybil, at 6/01/2005 07:29:00 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home