My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    6/04/2005
    Romantic Times magazine
    Who gets the magazine?

    Why do you get it?

    Do you pick it up or have a subscription?

    I ask because I am trying to decide if I want to get a subscription or not. And have found myself picking up the last four or five months. But I am not sure why. I generally don't agree with the reviews, although some times I do.

    I think it fills the spoiler ho in me but I am not sure if it is worth the money. So I figured I would ask you guys, cuz you know EVERYTHING.
    3 Comments:
    1. I've been reading it for about 5 years now. I just FINALLY got a subscription this spring, despite the fact that I buy the damn thing every month. Why do I have a subscription? Well, a sub is only $30 for a year. But on the newstands it's about $5 a pop. For 12 months. yeah. Quite a bit more expensive.

      Why do I read it? I don't buy based on reviews, so it's not that, but I use it as kind of an alert of what is being released. I read the reviews to get a quick synopsis and so I have a head's up. Otherwise I'm lost about release dates.

      And, I really do like the articles.

      Finally, Kathering Falk did me an incredible kindness at RT and won a loyal reader. Yes, things like that do make a difference when I decide where to spend my money.

      By Blogger Angela James, at 6/05/2005 06:09:00 PM  

    2. I've been reading RT since it was a tabloid and the ink came off on your hands. I love the author news, publishing house gossip and the articles by the authors and insiders. I read most of the reviews and read between the lines.

      Is there another magazine that cover romance?

      By Blogger FerfeLaBat, at 6/05/2005 07:26:00 PM  

    3. I've subscribed to RT for a couple of years now and really enjoy it. I like seeing everything that comes out in a given month - and I adore the series romance section! I love Harlequins - but dang I buy passed on plot synopsis, not by line, so having a little blurb/review about each book really helps round out my TBB list.

      Actually, that might not be a good thing....

      By Blogger Wendy, at 6/06/2005 04:11:00 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home