My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    6/02/2005
    A Valentine Wedding by Jane Feather
    A Valentine Wedding by Jane Feather

    Even when I loathe you, I love you.

    Lady Emma Beaumont quote pretty much sums up the whole book. A book that honestly should be a wallbanger but does end up most charming.

    Lord Alasdair Chase and Emma were engaged to be married and she found out something awful, broke off the wedding the night before and left. When her brother, Ned, passes away he leaves Alasdair as the trustee of her fortune until she marries. If you ask me that was the best thing her brother could have done for her.

    It is a lil hard to believe she cut and ran so fast when she found out the big secret. I thought they were suppose to be such good 'friends', which is nice to see friends become lovers, that you would have thought she would at least talk to him first.

    But I was wrong about what the deep dark secret was, so what do I know ;). Alasdair really shot himself in the foot because he had always kept a large part of himself private - even from his good friends Ned and Emma. And I think, Emma really hoped their marriage would finally be the last piece to bring them closer.

    I really liked that they had been lovers before she broke the engagement, for one that rings true to me, and for another it didn't define her. Emma didn't spend pages and pages over omg what do I do now I am no longer a virgin woe is me. I also liked that Alasdair had taken other lovers after Emma had left. That rang true. She might be the only woman he had ever loved but she was gone, not to come back.

    As for Emma, she picked up her life and lived it. She came back to London, rich as sin, and figured money would make up for lack o' hymen. After one of the many times Alasdair pisses her off, Emma decides that by Valentines she will have a hubby and a lover. And off we go... the book is pretty hawt, fun and fast. And the banter is rather amusing.
    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home