My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    2/28/2006
    Author Blogs
    I had no clue there were so many!

    Do you visit author blogs?
    Who is your can't be missed?
    Link me baby!

    As a rule I really don't visit many author blogs, mainly because of time. I had a handful listed on my sidebar but as more and more (and hopefully more) readers get blogs, the list is getting huge.

    So I decided to do three groups: Author Blogs, Reader Blogs and Group Blogs. Then link at the side bar. If that would work ;). And looks like it did, lil more of a pain than just looking and clicking but easier than going through my faves. I really need to sign up for blogline or that other thing.

    {long ass history or why there are so few... aka it would say read here if I had time to figure out why I can't get angiew's nifty cut thingy to work}
    Yesterday I spent around two, sadly maybe even three hours, doing the author blog hop. I had no clue there were so many. And then after I had over 50 listed, as I was only listing authors I read, want to read or looked interesting to read one day when I can buy books again, internet explorer shut the fuck down.

    Now I try to be good and save a draft every once in a while. That way when my computer, I love because it does still work and I can't afford a new one, shuts down, blue screens or IE fucks up - I can find something of what I was doing. Sure you know where this is going... didn't do that yesterday.

    So after cussing lots and lots I put back a few so I could test to see if it would even work as I wanted since I am seriously computer and blog stupid. Before I get sucked back into the author blog searching, since omg it is the end of the month and I must get these reviews out to AAR and the others up (even though that whole grammar thing has made me not want to - and no, nothing to do with the grand person who emailed me). And there is this huge time suck of real life shit I must deal with coupled with some other rl shit I don't want to do because it is going to depress me and I am in a good mood right now (or this could just be panic).

    I figured I would just ask for rec's ;).
    12 Comments:
    1. why not just sign up for blogrolling?

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/27/2006 10:34:00 AM  

    2. Blogrolling is the way to go--saves time and frustration. And, hey, where's my blog, dude?

      By Blogger Megan Frampton, at 2/27/2006 10:58:00 AM  

    3. LOL cuz you would have to show me how ;)

      Can you do that where there would be one for authors and one for readers? OR would I have to do one blog roll? And I wanted to cut down on the sidebar... cuz it is so long. I think that was way I got rid of the archive and added the search. But I want the arch back. And if I do weekly it will be fucking huge.

      Megan: I have no idea what you are talking about... ::la la la::

      By Blogger sybil, at 2/27/2006 11:22:00 AM  

    4. Blue screen? On XP? Hm. You and I need a talk about cleaning up your PC because I think there is some software conflicts going on. You will have to stop using IE, too. It's a magnet to net bugs. :>

      I visit only a very few author blogs nowadays [three to five authors?] because, like you say, there's so many. It's starting to be like a Harlequin/Mills & Boon thing -- too many authors, not enough time, too overwhelming, can't be arsed to keep track of who's who, which is worth checking out, and which to follow.

      By Blogger lost, at 2/27/2006 11:44:00 AM  

    5. I definitely agree with maili that we need to fix your PC, dear. and USE FIREFOX!!!!! The tabbing function is oh so nice now that I've gotten the hang of it.

      By Blogger Nicole, at 2/27/2006 12:31:00 PM  

    6. MAILI!!!!!!!!!

      not XP, 2000 remember computer is older than dirt. Hell I just found out a week or so ago I don't have a USB port.

      really... and sadly don't know what I need to add to have one. So yes you need to figure out what is wrong with it ;).

      By Blogger sybil, at 2/27/2006 12:57:00 PM  

    7. I would load XP or FIREFOX if I wasn't afaid it would blow my computer up!

      By Blogger sybil, at 2/27/2006 12:59:00 PM  

    8. 1) I can't believe you don't have a USB port

      2) How exciting that you got the expandable post in! But it didn't work when I clicked on it. :(

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/28/2006 09:07:00 AM  

    9. The expandable post thing worked for me.

      And no USB ports??????? How? I mean, how do you do stuff with no USB ports? I think I have like 8.

      By Blogger Nicole, at 2/28/2006 10:42:00 AM  

    10. Jay what does it do when you hit it? Can you try when you get home... LOL and then fix it ;). OR email me and I will forward to maili.

      STOP... maili... don't run away :(

      What the hell would need to be added to have a USB port?

      Nic: I no! I had no clue. But you have to remember, uh I left Austin, TX when I was 25. I am 30 now. So the last time it was upgraded or anything was five years ago. And I have no clue what the bastardakaexhusband removed from the computer before I left.

      I really don't have anything... the cable modem uses the an ethernet card. I have a printer that is older than dirt as well.

      DAMN good thing I didn't spend bday money on a flash drive :). And I have no want of an IPOD. But might want an ereader at some point but the usb thing would need to be addressed first.

      Really I just need a new computer. But uh the job and money thing need to come first.

      By Blogger sybil, at 2/28/2006 04:14:00 PM  

    11. The expandable post didn't work for me either, but it's just a teething problem as it's an old blog post. It'll be a smooth ride from thereon.

      If it doesn't happen, I'll take to boozing and talk bitterly about being a failure.

      By Blogger lost, at 2/28/2006 07:18:00 PM  

    12. Should I republish?

      By Blogger sybil, at 2/28/2006 07:37:00 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home