My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    1/29/2006
    Things You Learn While Playing With Your Book Part I.
    collected while trying to get the books off the floor and things I should prolly not admit too and would only amuse me but hey you know where you back button is ;)

    I own:

    1. two Anne Stuart novels: A Rose at Midnight (thanks cindy and Lord of Danger (tbr)

    2. over 40 Diana Palmer... but this is counting eight that don't really belong to me but need to be shipped out, as soon as I figure out what I did with the address - again.

    3. Fifteen Dana Ransom books, including four Rosalyn West, and have read one - Wild Texas Bride.

    4. 11 paranormal series novels that I haven't read a one of but am still buying... (not 11 books)

    5. over one hundred and fifty Harlequin Historicals

    6. all six of The Rock Creek Six novels by Linda Devlin and Lori Handeland. It took over 2 years to find them all. I haven't read a one yet.

    7. two Kat Martin books - Innocence Undone and Wicked Promise

    8. almost all the bad boy books - who knew... I am really annoyed at myself for trading away two I bought (new even! I think... not sure on BBO) - Beach Blanket Bad Boys and Bad Boys Online. Then I would only be short two!

    yes I really need to get over that omg I must have them all thing

    9. almost all of Geralyn Dawson's books. Which this completely bites because I thought I had them all but I am missing Sizzle All Day and Tempting Morality.

    10. thirteen Lisa Kleypas books - Only With Your Love (was bought twice with two different covers - kept the original), Because Your Mine (same as OWYL but kept new cover), Dreaming of You (can't remember if kristiej pushed me or not), Suddenly You (love), Lady Sophia's Lover (tbr), Worth Any Price (great), Prince of Dreams (tbr), Someone to Watch Over Me (tbr), Where Dreams Begin (tbr), Then Came You (love), It Happened One Autumn (love), Secrets of a Summer Night (didn't want to read - bought after reading IHOA - loved it) and because of a wonderful person - Give Me Tonight (review coming soon)
    9 Comments:
    1. *amused*

      This being the first blog I visit now I'm up [it's very early in the morning!], this post butchers my brain! All those numbers. All fly over my head. My head has just shut down. And whose fault is that? *blinks madly at you*

      Anyhow, when you can, you should read LORD OF DANGER. It's a good read. Thanks to a recent visit to a charity shop, I bought a few Diana Palmer books because I never tried her books but unfortunately, I can't finish any of them. I have NOELLE, BOSS MAN, NIGHT OF LOVE, MAGNOLIA, HOOKWINKED, TRILBY, WOMAN HATER [no, seriously! That's the title!], LACEY, HEATHER'S SONG, THE RAWHIDE MAN, MIDNIGHT RIDER, DREAM'S END [the cover is hilariously bad; not surprising as it's one of those MacFaddens books], and ONCE IN PARIS. Are any of these worth another try?

      P.S. I'll love you forever if you remove that apostrophe from Harlequin historicals. :)

      By Blogger lost, at 1/30/2006 02:17:00 AM  

    2. yo you are never around so I forget to spell out numbers...

      ' be gone baby gone

      ONCE IN PARIS and THE RAWHIDE MAN are two I recall liking. But if older men/younger women squick you... you should just 86 palmer. She is pretty much a one note writer but there is just something that amuses me. Although someone might come to take away my feminist card but I can be a bad feminist at times ;).

      BOSS MAN is one of the lastest and not very good.

      NOELLE, MAGNOLIA, TRILBY and LACEY are all historical and apart of a series of sorts I think or it might just be they are from the same publisher but I think they connect MIDNIGHT RIDER is the same publisher but I can't recall if it goes with the name books. 80's romance novel is I remember, take that for what it is worth ;). Trilby was eh, I recall liking Magnolia and Noelle I just got. Lacey... I might need so hold on to that one ;).

      DREAM'S END - didn't like... don't have anymore but I can't recall why I didn't like it.

      NIGHT OF LOVE, HOOKWINKED, WOMAN HATER, HEATHER'S SONG - never heard of, don't own and haven't read ;).

      LOL that was prolly no help at all... I think ONP is prolly the best bet.

      By Blogger sybil, at 1/30/2006 02:54:00 AM  

    3. I've been thinking about picking up "Bayou Bad Boys", but was leery of it because I'd never heard of any of the authors. Have you read that one and was it any good?

      By Blogger Samantha, at 1/30/2006 08:23:00 AM  

    4. LOL I was redoing links on a bad boy post I have saved that fucked up when my computer bluescreened the other day... when I saw this email I was like oh shit did I put up a half done post.

      hee

      And damn no, that makes it four plus two so a total of SIX I don't have. bah.

      To tell the truth I had no interest in getting this one but the AAR review has made it seem like something I need to look at a lil closer. If you get it, let me know what you think ;)

      By Blogger sybil, at 1/30/2006 08:37:00 AM  

    5. Sybil:
      OMG - pull the Rock Creek Six boys out soon! I think the few that AAR reviewed got panned, but I loved this whole series. Favorites (in case you care) were JED, NATE and CASH. I pretty much read them back to back in a span of 10 days. 6 books in 10 days is still my all time record BTW.

      Ack, now I want to do a reread. Drat my overwhelming TBR anxiety/guilt anyway.

      By Blogger Wendy, at 1/30/2006 12:59:00 PM  

    6. 40 Palmers??!??!??! That's quite....astounding.

      By Blogger Kristie (J), at 1/30/2006 07:38:00 PM  

    7. wendy: I will have to read them know you know...

      Kristie: yep and I am so fucking weird I will prolly list them at some point.

      By Blogger sybil, at 1/30/2006 09:20:00 PM  

    8. Why am I thinking Dana Ransom is Diana Palmer's psuedonym for her historicals? Right or Wrong?

      And, I agree with Maili, my head was swimming after all that--LOL.

      By Blogger Tara Marie, at 1/31/2006 09:03:00 AM  

    9. hee nope... bad tara I even gave you a link!

      Nancy Gideon, Dana Ransom, Rosalyn West are all her names. I think she still does stuff under the Gideon. I think.

      waiting for the phone to ring...

      By Blogger sybil, at 1/31/2006 10:50:00 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home