My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    2/14/2006
    Uncut

    The Desert Virgin by Sandra Marton

    If I recall correctly - which I prolly don't - Jay had wondered about the Name of Harlequin Presents new series: UnCut. Since it is all about jay, I bring you Sandra Marton's interview where she gives us the inside scoop on this new line.

    Well really I don't bring it to you, I am just going to give you a link and a quote ;).

    So, Harlequin Presents UnCut: what makes these books unique?

    That's a great question, Andrea! As you know, Presents authors have always brought our readers stories of intense emotion and passion. Well, UnCut is taking that one step — maybe several steps — further. UnCut will open doors that were once closed. We'll help readers escape into a world of heightened sensuality and sexual fantasy.

    As always, our heroes will be exciting Alphas, our heroines will be women who can stand up to them, and our stories will be of love so powerful it changes lives. We'll continue to understand the intense emotion between a man and a woman who are falling in love. We'd never change any of that! The difference is that UnCut goes further than regular Presents stories when it comes to describing sexual passion. UnCut love stories — mine, for sure — will be as erotic as they are romantic.


    So now you know ;). Anyone read this yet? I think Alyssa reviewed the first uncut book. Maybe I should make this one my first HP?
    6 Comments:
    1. Hahahahaha thanks for the info. I think I still want them to be uncut in the 'other way' ::wink wink:: Although with all the greek billionaires and shieks they might already be. lol

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/14/2006 11:31:00 AM  

    2. I read this and Marton's next book in the series, CAPTIVE IN HIS BED. They didn't strike me as particularly pushing the envelope for eroticism, but my mental bar for what's "hot" has been raised way higher in recent years.

      Sandra Marton is pretty good author. You could do worse than make one of her books your first Presents.

      ::nudge nudge::, Jay. Marton's heros are both American, but I'll keep my eye out in the other UnCut books. Now a discussion of foreskin in a Presents really would make my eyebrows rise.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/14/2006 05:16:00 PM  

    3. I have this one in the TBR....got it in the mail last week. I did read the first "Uncut" book by Susan Stephens and had issues with it so I'm not sure how soon I'll read the Marton book.

      By Blogger Mad, at 2/14/2006 07:56:00 PM  

    4. I've read both of Sandra Marton's books and the only envelope pushing that I've read is there's more action/adveture mixed in. Normally the focus is soley on the romance.
      And I can't see a difference between the Uncut series and the rest of the hp's when it comes to 'describing sexual passion'.

      By Blogger erika, at 2/14/2006 10:48:00 PM  

    5. I think you and erika get the HP in the mail but I wasn't sure if it was all of them or what.

      What issues?

      By Blogger sybil, at 2/14/2006 10:48:00 PM  

    6. Just some lose ends with the characters. Heroine had run away (at her mother's urging) from some sort of commune who were going to initiate her one night in this big sex scene. She was supposedly scarred from this would-be experience and grew up to be this tough business woman...yet the first sex scene with the hero and she's begs him to spank her as foreplay. WTF was that about? And really, I'm no prude but sex toys and spanking in an HP? :)

      As for the HPs in the mail...yep, I get the full set in the mail, as does Erika.

      By Blogger Mad, at 2/15/2006 02:00:00 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home