My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    5/14/2006
    I am the only one who didn't know...
    Diane Perkins and Diane Gaston are the same person? She blogs on a nifty looking site called Wet Noodle Posse and Warner Women.

    I know a few of you... tara and kristie come to mind have really enjoyed The Mysterious Miss M and/or The Wagering Widow by Diane Gaston. Her next book is A Reputable Rake (came out in UK last nov). After that is The Coveted Rose, which isn't out here or the UK yet. So which cover do you like better?

    13 Comments:
    1. I don't know if you are the only one, but I knew :) I've only read one of each so far although I have them all, but of the two I read, I liked her better as Diane Gaston.
      I like both covers - I can't really say which one I like better.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/13/2006 05:04:00 AM  

    2. ok, ok. It would have to be the one on the right. He has a bit of a Johnny Depp look going there and I luurrrvvee Johnny.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/13/2006 05:10:00 AM  

    3. And I only knew because Kristie said so on her blog. :-)

      I like both covers. although the second one catches my eye more quickly.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/13/2006 11:11:00 AM  

    4. I didn't know they were the same person but that's not surprising since I dont follow historical authors too much. I like the one on the right too but because its a crisper picture than the one on the left. I also like the font they used.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/13/2006 11:20:00 AM  

    5. I'm saying the one on the right too. Clearer picture and better flow. The cover on left doesn't have anything that really draws your eye in except that big purpleish blue thinger in the bottom corner. Also the guy on the left cover has some freaky blonde Charlie Sheen thing going. Gives me the creeps.

      By Blogger Samantha, at 2/13/2006 12:02:00 PM  

    6. SAMATHA: HA! I thought the same thing. hee I wondered if anyone would say that. Sort of hungover charlie I think...

      hee I like the second better as well but I don't like the way the UK HH has that writing over the corner at all.

      hee figures you knew Kristie. And it did seem later that maybe I had heard it and forgot. I was thinking RT but will go with P.Devi and think I read it in your blog ;).

      By Blogger sybil, at 2/13/2006 12:14:00 PM  

    7. None of you will probably come back here to see my response, but I thank you for your interest in my "Rakes".
      The Mills & Boon covers are created from their stockpile of years and years of former covers, hence the M&B cover is a little less than perfect. The Harlequin Historical cover, however, is a newly commissioned cover--I know the artist is Alan Ayers and the model is Ben Whitaker.
      And yes I am two people in one, a long story and probably not the best decision a new writer following advice ought to have made!
      Diane Gaston Perkins

      By Blogger Diane Gaston, at 5/14/2006 10:38:00 AM  

    8. Very interesting! Thanks for dropping by ;)

      feel free to tell us your long story, we are a nosey lot

      By Blogger sybil, at 5/14/2006 07:53:00 PM  

    9. LOL Sybil...the cover on the right definitely says "pick me up and fondle me"

      By Blogger Amie Stuart, at 5/14/2006 08:35:00 PM  

    10. I just bought The Reputable Rake on the weekend and while I just started it - I have 2 others on the go too, so far so very good.

      By Blogger Kristie (J), at 5/15/2006 05:06:00 AM  

    11. I like the cover on the right the best. The guy's much better looking, even though he could do with a haircut.

      By Blogger Karen Scott, at 5/15/2006 03:49:00 PM  

    12. Another one for the guy on the right!!

      By Blogger Marg, at 5/15/2006 06:28:00 PM  

    13. I like the one on the right...

      hee I almost bought these yesterday then I remembered I have no money to be buying books I don't have time to read. So I will put them on the list!

      I want A Reputable Rake but was wondering it will stand alone.

      By Blogger sybil, at 5/16/2006 01:00:00 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home