My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    5/13/2006
    It is way possible I need more sleep
    And am annoyed that when I finally fell night night people kept fucking calling me. I haven't read the whole Duke of Scandal thread at AAR. I haven't bought the book and I haven't read it.

    I totally agree that if it is poorly edited that sucks, and agree with Adele's post to return the book if it is that unreadable. Avon should reedit and reprint. At the same time I think we are going a lil over board and some of the posts at AAR have me shaking my head more over the reader than Avon or Adele.

    Do I think as a group people set out to sabotage Ms. Ashworth? No, but I do think there are a few people who would have hated this book no matter what.

    Authors write to entertain and yes make money. Treating readers like they are stupid and/or taking advantage of them are prolly not high on their list of things to do. I could be wrong. Then again I like Adele Ashworth's books (that I have read) and plan to read this book. I don't read any book with a red pen and gleefully edit it as I go along. I read to be entertained and if I am not happy with the book I say so, I haven't run across a book or an author comment yet that has made me want to shoot someone because it was bad.
    3 Comments:
    1. I think it comes down to money, Sybil. We are all feeling the pinch today. Mass markets are getting to the $8.00 mark. More books are published in trade or hardcover. Even category romances sell for around $5.00. I think Bookseller Chick blogged about what whether rising gas prices are affecting book sales. When you have limited funds and the book doesn't meet your expectations, a reader can feel cheated and want to get their money back so that they could buy another book.

      Then, having been told by some anonymous person, that the reader frustration is invalid and that the reader should just enjoy the story regardless of its shoddy workmanship, the reader feels invalidated. And, if an author acts in a way to invalidate that reader's concerns, the reader doesn't want to spend her hard earned dollars on that particular author.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/13/2006 08:33:00 PM  

    2. Money is a very valid point, which I think Adele's response was done well.

      And I would even go as far as to say the anon writer is prolly Avon. I HATE anon posts, silly as that is, as maili points out we are all anon to a point.

      Redwyne isn't my real name in case anyone is wondering ;). But Sybil is... I have to say though I understand it more and more when every word is debated, blogged and picked apart that we almost provide an environment that makes it impossible for an author to just speak.

      And I am not blameless in anyway. Tell me you hate UBS's and want them all closed - I will stop buying you even if I was already buying you new. Tell me to go flood amazon with good reviews to hide the bad one, and I will mock up one side and down the other.

      But I think at times we (readers) take it too seriously and are a touch bitter. Of course I could feel different in ten mins. So whatever. Since I have only been awake for a grand 15 I am prolly making no sense. LOL see how special you are, one of the first things I check when I wake up *g*.

      By Blogger sybil, at 5/13/2006 08:49:00 PM  

    3. >>Tell me you hate UBS's and want them all closed - I will stop buying you even if I was already buying you new.

      Behave badly and I won't buy your books. Hell yeah....as a human being who at least tries to act decent, follow the golden rule and not make an ass of herself, you bet your ass I expect people I spend my money on to do the same.

      By Blogger Amie Stuart, at 5/14/2006 10:37:00 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home