My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    3/21/2005
    Dreaming of You by Lisa Kleypas
    Dreaming of You is one of the first, if not the first, historical romance I have read where the main characters aren't aristocratic tonish omgbutheisaduke/sheisaladyIamnogoodforhim/her people.

    Of course he still isn't good enough for her ;).

    I really enjoyed this book, the hero still had a ton of money because really we can't get too normal everyday people in a historical romance. And I am ok with that, if I want that I will go read The Crimson Petal and the White by Michel Faber and be depressed.

    Sara Fielding and Derek Craven are two of my favorite characters. Even though Derek does get a touch, oh, possessive but you can understand it. He grew up with nothing and fought for every little thing he has. And there is a deep down terror you can feel in him and in his shock that he has been given a chance at happiness with Sara. You can believe he is just waiting for the other shoe to drop.

    Sara was great, loving, patient and all round perfect for Derek. I found it amusing, she asks herself at one point could she live the rest of her life with constantly running into people her husband had sex with. (or something like that) Because honestly that is something I think I couldn't deal with every time I read the rakish, slept with half the ton, being tamed man. I mean really, could you do it? Every ball or party you walk into there will be at least one person that has screwed your hubby.

    Cuz really how many people ARE there in the ton? Then again I seem to over think on odd things. Go figure...

    I must go get Then Came You because I adored Lilly. I haven't read too many LK books but after this one I think I am going to.
    4 Comments:
    1. I go back and forth between DOY and Chase's Lord of Scoundrels as my all time favourite book.
      I've read everything Kleypas has written, including her VERY HARD TO FIND early releases. Although for the most part I really like her, for me she never really came close before or after Dreaming of You.

      By Blogger Kristie (J), at 3/22/2005 06:56:00 PM  

    2. I have When Dreams Begin, Because You're Mine, Someone To Watch Over Me, and Worth Any Price - which would your rec next. I also have Suddenly You but I have read it.

      By Blogger sybil, at 3/22/2005 09:14:00 PM  

    3. Here's my list of favorites
      1) Dreaming of You
      2) Suddenly You
      3) Where Dreams Begin
      4) Worth Any Price(this one has a a star. The Hero in this one is the villian in Lady Sophia's Lover. I hated LSL and can't really recommend it except for the character of Nick Gentry. But then I've noticed quite a few people love LSL)
      5) Secrets of a Summer Night
      6) Stranger In My Arms
      7) Someone to Watch Over Me
      The rest I all kind of lump together.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/23/2005 05:32:00 PM  

    4. Damn I am good, I already have your first four...

      heh unless you were just putting my books in order. :)

      I am still not sure about number five and that series. I have just been very eh, every time I pick it up.

      sybil

      By Blogger sybil, at 3/23/2005 10:06:00 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home