My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    7/21/2005
    I have been in something of a funk
    Which means I spent the weekend rereading book... two I didn't even remember reading. And that sort of spilled over to the week.

    Dreaming of You by Lisa Kleypas was my first reread last Friday. Derek and Sarah... what more do you have to say. I love this book. It is just wonderful.

    Which lead me to read Tiger's Eye by Karen Robards since people tend to say it is like DoY. I must have skimmed it the first time I read it because I didn't remember reading it until the very end with the bathtub scene, which that scene still annoys me.

    Go figure... I can see how it gets compared to DoY but DoY blows it away. A good read I would rate about a C.

    I then moved onto Forbidden Love by Karen Robards and poof read that too. And sorry maili, I liked it. I would rate it about a C-, it is way flawed but a nifty guilty pleasure read.

    The next on the hit list aka randomly picked off the shelf was The Seducer and The Sinner by Madeline Hunter.

    I still love both of these books. Madeline Hunter is one of my favorites and she has a way with an old plot. She can take it and make it new, fresh, fun and exciting. I wish we could get another Medieval out of her but I am still in love with this series and so need to read LoS. I dont think I ever really read it, more like skimmed and marked it as a want to read later.

    Beauty Like the Night and The Devil You Know by Liz Carlyle came next.

    I adore Liz Carlyle and am looking forward to her new series. The funny thing is The Devil You Know is the first book by her I read and I hated it. I didn't pick up another one of her books until AWoV was recently rereleased and after falling in love with her short story in Big Guns Out of Uniform Let’s Talk About Sex.

    Now I have no idea if it has to do with reading BLtN first and having read AWoV so I understood Bentley more than I did the first time but I just fell in love with this story. Rosario has a great review for the story and it pretty much sums up what I love about it. I would say to enjoy Carlyle you need to read her earlier works. So it is a good thing she is having them reprinted and at GREAT prices. What a great way to get new fans.

    So what is my point in all this? I have been reading, just not the 10+ books I am suppose to read for AAR reviews. But I think I have found my groove again. So off I go to try my hand at new books. I also have company this weekend, so I really need to kick my ass into gear.
    4 Comments:
    1. Oh...I liked Forbidden Love. I don't even want to contemplate why. Another good one...IMO...is Morning Song. Another weird situation. The hero is the heroine's stepfather (I know...sounds perverted, right?)
      Have you read One Summer by Robards yet? good book.
      I didn't really like Tiger's Eye. I can't remember why.

      You have 10 books to read for AAR reviews? Wow...that's a lot of reading for review.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/22/2005 10:03:00 AM  

    2. I've found that rereading a favorite book almost always gets me out of a reading funk.
      And I think that I have Tiger's Eye and Forbidden Love in my book shelves. I might just do a reread of each sometime next week.

      And I really enjoy your reviews Sybil.

      By Blogger erika, at 7/22/2005 08:05:00 PM  

    3. I'm with Xina. You simply MUST read One Summer. You must, you must.

      By Blogger Kristie (J), at 7/22/2005 09:29:00 PM  

    4. The mystery isn't all that great but the relationship between Rachel and Johnny - sigh!

      By Blogger Kristie (J), at 7/24/2005 06:30:00 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home